What is your relationship with ALCOHOL?

by nicolaou 76 Replies latest social physical

• sir82
    sir82

SBF, you'd make a good Mormon

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I so would. I've been thinking about it.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

SBF you need to come to the FMF gentlemen's school of cool sh!t.

You don't drink soda do you? Like in the morning?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A glass of wine or beer once a day is suppose to be beneficial for you health, anymore than that and you're doing the opposite for your health.

So from a being a heavy drinker and smoker I don't smoke anything but have a glass of wine at a meal or single glass of quality beer.

Ironically I picked up my heavy drinking habit in my early 20's by a middle aged JWS man who was the father of my best friend while a JWS. It was his elaborate flashy bar in his home that I was impressed with.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    About 2 drinks a day beer mostly.
  • blondie
    blondie

I grew up in a family with at least 4 generations of alcoholics. My grandfather and mother were alcoholics as was my one aunt. So far no one in my generation are. Perhaps because of what we observed and experienced growing up. I drink maybe 1 oz of alcohol every 2 months...usually my favorite Scotch.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Not a drinker. Alcohol makes me feel agitated. I keep hearing about people who drink to "relax," but it makes me feel like climbing the walls.

Xanax works for relaxation, though. :)

• TD
    TD

My wife and I both developed a taste for wine as we got older. We also both discovered that we have sensitive enough plates to pick up on all the nuances and be amateur critics.

We split a bottle almost every evening (Which is too much according to the guidelines...) but I don't see us stopping....

• JeffT
    JeffT
    Do people really need to be told this?

Yes, but the people that need to be told that probably can't act on it on what you tell them. I've been sober since August 29, 2005. I now work in a residential treatment facility. People come to us because alcoholism is a disease, and requires treatment.

Side note: medical science is now pretty clear, all additions effect the same parts of the brain. Even gambling addiction has a similar effect on the pleasure centers. There is a genetic component, which is why I said above that addicts can't act on this information on their own.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    We split a bottle almost every evening (Which is too much according to the guidelines...) but I don't see us stopping....

I think that is just right

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit