November Study WT "Train You Child to Love Going Door 2 Door"

by JW_Rogue 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

Been catching up on some JW reading and found a gem in the November Study WT in the first article, paragraph #11:

Yet, you might look beyond the obvious and ask yourself, ‘Does my child enjoy the ministry or only the breaks?’ If you discern that the ministry could be more interesting or more rewarding for your children, set goals with them. Use creativity to help them to have a full share as your preaching companions.

WTF? Of course most young kids will actually not want to go out in field service. Why would they? They are kids and field service isn't even satisfying for grown ups. Face it, the only reason a kid would want to go in service is to please the parents. Those are the same kids who'll get baptized at eleven and regret it later.

Then they added this dreadful picture:

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Shouldn't it read : "train your child to love manning a literature cart!"

• prologos
    prologos
    kid in the picture is saying : "yeah, dad owes me, I am going to get that bike!" dad: "Yeah, they can't refuse now to make me an elder".
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Look at little Johnny. His parents have decided that he will forgo a secular education.

But, no problem, uncles Lett & Morris will teach him using 'the discipline and mental regulating of Jehovah'

Poor little sod ...

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    And I guess everyone gets to work in middle class territories with friendly elderly people to talk to...
  • Petraglyph
    Petraglyph
    That looks more like a combined forced smile / grimace ;)
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Petraglyph

Perhaps he just has wind ...

• cofty
    cofty
    Child abuse!
  • Landy
    Landy

It would be easier to train a child to love brussel sprouts

• sparky1
    sparky1