Rutherford and dinosaurs

by jhine 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jhine
    jhine

Sorry if this has been discussed before but on Quora someone asked if Rutherford had said that dinosaurs had been taken to Venus . I assume that the questioner had heard it somewhere and wanted to check it out.

I've never come across this before is it true ?

Jan

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

"...the Watchtower Society had its own theory long before the asteroid ... theories. It appeared, appropriately, in The Golden Age of April 1, 1931 on page 428. In describing the planets of the Solar System they mention Venus by saying:

It will be very apparent to readers of Judge Rutherford's book Creation that the present condition of Venus is about what the earth was prior to the Flood, and it is significant that some astronomers have advanced the idea that animals like the dinosaurs that once roamed this planet are now finding Venus a happy place in which to live.”

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Wow, that is really out there.

One thing about the Golden Age quotations that I have noticed is that some of the most outrageous ideas found their way into the Golden Age. Whether they were official WT dogma, commonly believed ideas among the JW/Bible Students, or simply the rogue rant of the Golden Age editor (Clayton Woodworth), I would like to know.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Noah's lesser known cousin, Moah, was told to build a space ark and 2 of every kind of dinosaur and 7 pair of every clean dinosaur to Venus.

Dinosaur Ark

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I had no idea about this and I thought I pretty much knew most of the bonkers idea's Watchtower had over the years! Did it even occur to them there might not be an atmosphere even remotely similar to ours? (never mind the temperature) .....even dinosaurs need to breathe!!!

😂😂😂😭

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Just the lady ones. The men went to mars.

Actually the writers still pick up " "science" following things like global warming, plastic straws, daily covid fads. Not necessarily following though. ( buried ink)

• under the radar
    under the radar

Vanderhoven7: Great find! I had never heard this nonsense before. Wow! Just wow!

I wonder if anyone ever asked exactly how the dinos got to Venus. Or maybe the Judge just meant that the big J-Dawg created dinos there just like he did when the earth was young. Yeah, yeah, that's it!

Sheesh! Just when I thought I'd heard everything...

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I'm glad to know that the Venus-Dinos are happy. That makes my day!

• Dagney
    Dagney

Wow! That's a new one to me! My parents were baptized in 1938, and I thought I had heard all the fakakta things this religion came up with. Goodness!

• under the radar
    under the radar

"...some astronomers have advanced the idea that animals like the dinosaurs that once roamed this planet are now finding Venus a happy place in which to live.”

As usual, the WT leadership was very vague when "citing" a supposed expert to bolster their ridiculous claims. I will personally give $100 to the first person who can prove that even one peer-respected astronomer ever advanced the ludicrous idea that there are living dinosaurs on Venus.

What a load of BS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit