Would You Be Afraid To Visit The Dominican Republic?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Minimus...In Mexico and third world countries ( like the Dominican Republic ) bartenders are supposed to break the legal and real alcoholic manufactured bottles after they are empty. Instead, hotel and restaurant bars fill up the legal alcohol bottles with counterfeit alcohol and serve it to vacationers who have no idea they are drinking poison.

• minimus
    minimus

Big Papi David Ortiz

• minimus
    minimus

Rules . I always drink high end liquor on vacation and make friends with the bartenders immediately. I’ve had a bartender tell the others to give me That bottle, the real booze. Tipping pays off.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

I would not go.

Besides the hygiene, crime against tourists and poisened liquor...aren't voodoo, black magic and spells pretty common in the Dominican Republic? I don't think I would be able to relax with so much superstitious energy around me.

• Jazzbo
    Jazzbo

The Dominican has always been a sewer. I've traveled widely but have always had zero interest in going there, Haiti next door is worse.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

LV101 no kidding about LA in California being just as scary! Rat infested with massively crowded streets with homeless people packed like sardines in a can on the streets, and wicked diseases making a comeback. Even the rat borne disease Black Plague, has very likely appeared there.

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2019/06/07/return-of-medieval-diseases/

Anyone remember the Black Plague in Europe from a history class?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Yes!

It is on my "bucket list: -- when I am ready to kick the bucket, I'll go there to get the job done.

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

It's on my fucket list.

• Simon
    Simon

I think people looking for vacations don't put enough consideration into where they are going and whether they have the same standards of law and order, health and safety that western countries do. Is it really worth the risk?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    APieceOfCandyCalledTate It's on my fucket list.

It’s on my PHUKET list. There, FiFY😂😂

Seriously, though, The worse thing about the DR is the way they are treating Haitians born there. They have taken away their citizenship, essentially they are stateless though their families have lived in the DR for decades.

They are also colourist and will target dark skinned black people, no matter where they are from. Many simply disappear.

If you are dark skinned black American I would extremely wary of going there.

Dont give the racist/ colourist DR government your tourist dollars.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit