Would You Be Afraid To Visit The Dominican Republic?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

Not long after I got baptised in the UK, I had planned to go preach out there for a few years. It seemed like a lovely place then. Not sure I would go now.

• minimus
    minimus

Rub, you know how the get around things

• blondie
    blondie

Ray and Cynthia were in the district work and served at the DR Bethel. Cynthia got very sick and almost died (not a flaw of the DR). He was called back from there to be on the GB. They missed the DR so much and the local jws...so kind to them; not so much the admin in NY.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Take your own booze.

Never drink from the minibar.

If you ever get caught out, ask for the finest whiskey that has no chance of being counterfeit and drink a lot of it to negate the effects of the methanol in the counterfeit you drank.

Educate yourselves so that you and your friends can recognize the symptoms of methanol poisoning.

• minimus
    minimus

....going on vacation to get poisoned

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

I'll never go.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

I think the only reason this reached the news is because something happened to a celebrity recently.

There has been bad news and crime against tourists for quite a while and this has ALL been downplayed..I have no desire to go there or to any of those islands.👎🏻 I heard of a murder of a woman in a nearby community who went on vacation.

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

@LongHairGal

Which celebrity?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

A PIECE:

Some ballplayer got shot in a bar recently. Do a google and see the news articles.

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

I had heard about that. I didn't know it was in the Dominican Republic though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit