Does Anyone Know The "Real" Attitude That JWs Have Towards "Inactive Ones"?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully
    Sorrya day ago

It depends honestly.

I can see why some have said jealousy. My cong tends to love bomb the struggling inactives, but spew vitriol at the ones who have improved their quality of life without Jehovah. They even say things like: "Money can't buy happiness." Or "Rich people tend to be the unhappiest." Even "It won't last long, they'll come running back to Jehovah." If you're truly happy, you'd be glad other people are experiencing your same joy instead of waiting for their downfall.

Some time ago, we met with a JW (now Elder™) in a book store. When Mr Scully told him we weren't Active™ anymore, he said something to the effect of "Enjoy yourself following Satan™. Someday you'll see how wrong you are."

Someone apparently missed the chapter on Tact in the Ministry School Book.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SCULLY:

These Witnesses are really sickening. Do you know what I'm doing different in my life now that I'm not active in the religion?? Nothing. The only difference is that I don't go to meetings.

I get the sense from this and other things that the Witnesses have increased their hostility towards people no longer associated with the religion.

As far as I'm concerned this anger is about something else. They are truly furious at people who got a job or career that provides well for them. Well, they hated me because of my full time job. Well, now I'm retired.

If I had listened to these sons-of-bitches, I would have been screwed. Would they have liked me then? Hardly. The irony is even if I were active in the religion I would have been the last person in the hall to be helped. They would be helping pioneers, fired bethelites and other popular persons part of the mutual admiration society in the Kingdom Hall.

I'm glad to be away from them, their jealousy, their hatred and judgmentalism. They are truly scary.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Blondie ( or anyone)may I ask what that scripture in Corinthians is saying please? I find it hard to understand.

• blondie
    blondie

2 Corinthians 10:7-12

New Living Translation (NLT)

7 Look at the obvious facts.[a] Those who say they belong to Christ must recognize that we belong to Christ as much as they do. 8 I may seem to be boasting too much about the authority given to us by the Lord. But our authority builds you up; it doesn’t tear you down. So I will not be ashamed of using my authority.

9 I’m not trying to frighten you by my letters. 10 For some say, “Paul’s letters are demanding and forceful, but in person he is weak, and his speeches are worthless!” 11 Those people should realize that our actions when we arrive in person will be as forceful as what we say in our letters from far away.

12 Oh, don’t worry; we wouldn’t dare say that we are as wonderful as these other men who tell you how important they are! But they are only comparing themselves with each other, using themselves as the standard of measurement. How ignorant!

--------------The thing to remember is that all Christians were anointed then so the idea of a great crowd following the anointed did not apply, they were all anointed. Of course, there was the issue of Jews and Gentiles that supposedly had been fixed.or the fact that women were still less than in the congregation. There was dissent and trouble even then as people can be. Some seemed to be jealous of Paul and tried to put him in his place. So he was saying they were comparing themselves with themselves or their friends, and of course they thought they were better. But elsewhere in the bible they had been told to use Christ as their model, all of them, because they all would fail to perfectly imitate. I am just explaining what others have said about this scripture. So if jws are not looking to Chirst as their model and comparing themselves with themselves (imperfect) or their friends (imperfect) how can they say they are better than the ones they are judging.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"Enjoy yourself following Satan."

Yep, that sounds about the "encouragement/love" we have experienced. Gee, and they wonder why we don't want to return.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "Enjoy yourself following Satan."

There's just something about fundamentalism that brings the assholes out of the woodwork.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit