Does Anyone Know The "Real" Attitude That JWs Have Towards "Inactive Ones"?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Does the rank and file or the elders view us as disassociated or disfellowshipped or simply "weak" or possibly a "prodigal son" type?

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Yes...Yes...Sometimes...NEVER!

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Generally weak or materialistic not putting the org. First in life.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Miss a few meetings and you're poison ivy. Unless you assiduously keep telling the elders and anyone who will listen, all the reasons why you've been absent. AND always listen on the phone to the meetings. Last but most important, make sure somebody gets your regular contribution to the money guy.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

I'm sure that all the above posts are true but I also suspect in some cases there is curiosity by some Witnesses about us.

In some cases, we might be viewed as somebody who was "stumbled".

I also suspect others are envious about those they perceive as financially better off for not following JW dictates. They are annoyed ex-JWs are not around to be asked for money.

• blondie
    blondie

You're inactive, min, how do they treat you?

In my case, it varies, but mostly they wave and smile. We don't encourage long conversations. Some avoid us probably because we have been inactive so long they are not sure of our WT status. Others shunned us as weak when my husband was an elder and I pioneered. But they are generous with the non-love towards current active jws, including elders.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I think that the real way they see us is with jealousy.

• ab.ortega
    ab.ortega

That's probably true, scratchme1010. Though they might not know it, they are jealous. lol

I know they pity me...they fell "sorry" for me but I feel "sorry" for them. What a pitiful lie they are living.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

IMO, the ones who display hostility towards inactives feel threatened.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

Depends on how you respond to their attempts at encouragement. If you play along like you really would like to come back then likely you won't be shunned. If you tell them you are happy and don't plan on coming back then prepare to be shunned by everyone, except maybe your family and a few close friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit