The secret 10 year plan to save the watchtower .

by gavindlt 36 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Joey jojo

ROFL,šŸ˜­ rofl

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

The JWā€™s thought that they could use social media to promote their brand of hatred and not expect to get blowback. Well now they are experiencing it all over the world and like a true American company, they employed consultants to right the ship. The problem is that these negative stories live on forever and when people learn about it, they are outraged as if it just happened. They will really have to pay these consultants tens or even hundreds of millions of dollars to help them. And one thing about consultants, they donā€™t want a bad name, so when they tell you to jump, you ask how high, otherwise they drop you. And any good consultant will tell them to drop their hated practices. And any good consultant will show them how to sell the change to their sales people. The jubilee year is a brilliant idea.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Is it time to tell us about the spaceship? We already drank the kool-aid

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Regarding re-instating disfellowshipped people,there has been a leak of a 2024 watchtower that discusses the new light from the annual meeting regarding who will be forgiven.

That talk , was it by Splane??- is all about second guessing God's thought process concerning events such as the destruction of Sodom and if anyone will be resurrected, even though god explicitly stated there was no one worth saving, not even, presumably, babies.

This talk, and also the talk about salvation being possible right up until the end, after the great tribulation has started,seems to set the scene for the possibility to change policies around disfellowshipped ones, and disfellowshipping in general.

As others have pointed out, if there is a mass reinstatement event, I doubt apostates will be invited to the party.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

The Mormon church has got much the same problems with survival in the information age. I heard recently on Mormon Stories ( John Delin) podcast. ā€œThe Mormon doctrine and truth claims as it stands today, isnā€™t sustainable long term. It needs massive reform if it is to survive.ā€ Telling words indeed.

I was discussing this Jubilee year, with my unsuspecting PIMI Father today. His comment was itā€™s the principle that has to be applied. So Iā€™m guessing this new light could be swallowed by the R&F. But then you either accept everyone back into congregation or you donā€™t, and this includes apostates. This could be problematic with acceptance of those who have different views to the guys in NY. Do they then get re-disfellowshipped, to be forgiven in the jubilee year. Do it goes on.

I agree with slim. About comparing it to other churches. In the church I go to if it wasnā€™t for immigrants attending, from poor Christian countries, there would probably be no one there. I have heard comments to effect of, ā€œthe church is devoid of Caucasianā€™s.ā€

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

joey jojo: As others have pointed out, if there is a mass reinstatement event, I doubt apostates will be invited to the party.

This is especially true when they are making so many changes to doctrines, policies, and/or beliefs. One way that they control the flock is by making it a crime to challenge anything the GB discuss or teach. Far from inviting apostates back, they will probably have to add a few more to the ranks during a time when there are significant changes being made.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I wonder how they would have a jubilee year, for a guy who had an affair with someone elseā€™s wife, and yet no jubilee year for someone who still believes the old light on beards. Are there now clauses added into the jubilee year. I can see that been the only way of keeping those out with opposing views.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit