2023-10-13-Announcement (Reporting Field Service)

by Atlantis 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Notice how it says they will no longer be asked to report. So everyone was always asked to report their field service and it was not a command?

• Ding
    Ding

I also noticed that the announcement talked in terms of JWs no longer being "asked" to report their hours of field service.

Maybe that just means the elders will be "expected" to offer each publisher more "encouragement."

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

""Encouragement""",,hey?

LoL!!

We've heard that before.

• psyco
    psyco

In my congregation one of the elders is such a bad reader that once, in order to be clear, the COBE repeated the content of the letter or announcement he had just read...

No joking. It really happened! πŸ˜‚

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    an elder who is a good reader

Haha! Sometimes the org really does excel in shooting itself in the foot saying stupid things.

In my congregation one of the elders is such a bad reader that once, in order to be clear, the COBE repeated the content of the letter or announcement he had just read...

I can believe it. I know of one local congregation where the COBE is so insistent that the announcements (including letters) are all read exactly as he prepares them for the chairman that it often backfires, making the brother more nervous and less confident in his delivery. They even sometimes read an announcement out then look up and say "Is that right, Brother X?" leading to moments of embarrassed silence and an awkward nod of agreement (or if necessary a brief correction) from the COBE himself! Crazy.

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    Teddnzo: It’s seems fat tony leaves and two new GB really shook things up
    I get the impression that making him leave and bringing in the new people was the shake up.

I agree, Tonus.

These 2 new GB rub me the wrong way,,,more so than AM3.
    Just just creepy,,or something. Hard to describe.

I know what you mean. AM3, for all his disturbing rhetoric, did at least seem 'genuine' as a character.

The new GB members seem to be cut from the typical, bland corporate style that is so common in leadership roles now - no apparent personality of their own. It does seem the GB is trying to remodel itself into a corporate board or something similar now which, to me, is not really much of an improvement on where they're coming from. It certainly doesn't seem more honest and genuine.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

In the good old days, the WT was a personality cult built around Rutherford. Now it's built around people with no personality. πŸ™„

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

if there are scriptual reasons for not reporting the time, wouldn't logic tell you that there never was scriptual reasons for counting time...now they want it both ways...what is the scriptural reasons for pioneers to count time, but scriptual reasons for the rest not to count time. Does the rank and file and company men ever get their heads out of the sand even long enough to take a breath?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

They based the practice of making regular reports on this Scripture, so I was informed by our old Congregation Servant when I was young ....

Ezek. 9:11

’And, behold, the man clothed with linen, which had the inkhorn by his side, reported the matter, saying, I have done as thou hast commanded me. ( KJV)

If they could find a Scripture to support it , they will no doubt find another one to support stopping it.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

BluesBrother: "If they could find a Scripture to support it , they will no doubt find another one to support stopping it."

Like Daniel 12:4? "As for you, Daniel, keep the words secret, and seal up the book until the time of the end." NWT πŸ˜‰

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit