2023-10-13-Announcement (Reporting Field Service)

by Atlantis 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

"The Scriptural basis for these adjustments will be shared with the worldwide brotherhood in the November 2023 JW Broadcast program. We know you will want to watch that program ASAP!"

I believe the internal conversation would have gone something a little like this:

Geoffrey Jackson: We have the statistics for this year's Service Report™, and just like the last few years, growth is nowhere near where we would like it!

Mark Sanderson: We need a new way to boost growth!

David Splane: Well, we already inflate the perception of 'growth' by only counting people who preach, rather than all adherents like regular churches.

Gerrit Lösch: Right, so we need to something else to get those report numbers up!

Gage Fleegle: Obviously. But some of the brothers might be embarrassed about reporting a low number of hours, or ashamed of lying about the specific number of hours they did. Or worried that they will get a shepherding call if they aren't placing literature.

Jeffrey Winder: Right! Let's just tell the brothers they don't have to report any of that anymore... just tick a box to say they preached. Even a lot of Inactive™ brothers might be okay with just ticking a box.

Stephen Lett: The number of Active™ Witnesses will skyrocket! When the 2024 report comes out, we can say "Jehovah is speeding up the work in the final days of the last days"!

Kenneth Cook: Good... good... but we still need an incentive for the ones who want to feel better than everyone else. Let's keep the reporting rules for 'pioneers' to report hours and literature. And we can keep the perception of interest by still letting everyone report their own children as Bible Studies™.

Samuel Herd: Huh... oh... that was a lovely nap! Did I miss anything?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Ron W

Thats just the callousness of the Borg and what it does to people.

• Gorb
    Gorb

My grandmother died, and I was in her appartment some days later. The neighbour elder rushed in, did not make condeolance but asked for my field service report.

A moment in time I will never forget.

Gorby

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

So when this is announced, and excitement abounds in keen anticipation of the November JW Broadcasting program, what on earth has Isaiah 60:17 got to do with it?

The most convoluted example of their “Bible based” theology.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Those comments about elders chasing reports are so typical. My wife only ever gets a call or a text when they want a report..... never just to see that she is ok.

I am glad the AGM will become public knowledge quickly. I can then assess what they actually said and discuss it at home.

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

It’s seems fat tony leaves and two new GB really shook things up

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Come on Jeffro ! Admit it ! You had a hidden Recording Device in that very G.B. meeting didn't you ?

Could you hear Herd snoring ?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Teddnzo: It’s seems fat tony leaves and two new GB really shook things up

I get the impression that making him leave and bringing in the new people was the shake up.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Phizzy:

Come on Jeffro ! Admit it ! You had a hidden Recording Device in that very G.B. meeting didn't you ?

Uh... that, I think, would seem to be quite presumptuous. 🤣

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

These 2 new GB rub me the wrong way,,,more so than AM3.

Just just creepy,,or something. Hard to describe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit