You Just Can't Make This S--t Up!

by FedUpJW 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I know this is kind of trivial but I don’t want to partake in something that might have connections with something that Jehovah disapproves of. I checked the Watchtower library and I didn’t find anything on gingerbread man cookies.

Good lord...how incredibly stupid and helpless are JDubs getting? I know...I know. I was there once too. Never able to use the God given ability to reason for myself! I think someone should tell the nit-wit that posed that issue on goofy jay double you talk that it is WRONG! After all it is a cookie made in the shape, well kind of, of a man. That is selfish CREATURE WORSHIP! And of course it is common for them to be made at the holiday time of year. So that is a governing body con-damned celebrating of the holiday! And then EATING it? Why that imitates cannibalism. Also con-damned! And we all KNOW that they never even attempted to drain any "blood" from the gingerbread man before devouring it!

i wonder how fast I would be banned/DF'd from that website for giving the above "advice" to the poor hapless moron who asked?

• sir82
    sir82

Pagans ate ginger.

Gingerbread cookies cotain ginger.

Therefore, gingerbread cookies are pagan.

Quod Erat Demonstrandum, Ipso Facto, E Pluribus Unum, and Mea Culpa.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Whoa... next the dub kids will get out of eating brussel sprouts because, y'know, they're associated with Christmas.

Shun those sprouts boy!!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Fedup: And then EATING it? Why that imitates cannibalism. Also con-damned! And we all KNOW that they never even attempted to drain any "blood" from the gingerbread man before devouring it!

OMG!!! I never thought of that

Damn....I have ate the blood of a gingerbread man

Damn. I am damned. And so is that poor gingerbread man

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Because I love Jehober and the GB (even more!) I won't even look at or spell G*#gerbread men.

Ps 119:38
    Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word.
  • Jayk
    Jayk

Ginger bread houses aren't necessarily pagan from my understanding. We didn't get together and make them but at school we made them and my mom and grandparents where ok with it.

• fokyc
    fokyc

I didn’t find anything on gingerbread man cookies.

*** w50 12/15 p. 503 This Masquerade Called Christmas ***

Even the special Christmas dishes of food and the use of potent alcoholic drinks originated with the pagans. Back in the days of Jeremiah, those that turned away from Jehovah’s pure worship baked special cakes for their goddess, “the queen of heaven,” and it is from that ancient practice that such things as “gingerbread men”, mince pies and the like originated. (Jer. 7:18)

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Oh yeah they are concerned about gingerbread being pagan but that's only the half of it with these babies. Isn't it about time we all admit the term "ginger" bread "man" is racist and sexist.

Now, just in case any of you think I'm being serious LOLLOLLOL!!!

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I just checked it out and there is THREE pages of back and forth discussion about whether it is permitted for a JDub to eat a gingerbread man. Don't those bone-heads have something better to do...like maybe door knocking, or cart sitting or something?

• HeyLittleGirl
    HeyLittleGirl
    Good lord...how incredibly stupid and helpless are JDubs getting? I know...I know. I was there once too. Never able to use the God given ability to reason for myself!

Hahaha! I can just imagine the panic:

"OMG! OMG! Gingerbread men! I don't know what to do about them! Do I eat it? Do I burn it with fire? What if they're in the coffee room at work? Help me, Governing Body! You're my only hope!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit