Where do we go from here, the Lloyd-gate?

by raymond frantz 36 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

95% of his content was just long winded commentary of jw videos so no loss. If you want info Kim and Mikey are the place to go

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Six screens of the Watchtower is still around, and we don't ask what we are supposed to do next.

Just keep going with your life. That's the most important thing.

• Simon
    Simon
    But recently it's very obviously been about money and quantity rather than quality....such as those silly sushi videos. Quick 5 minute dopamine hits of "why I'm right"for exjws to make 'em feel better. Or people phoning in asking inane questions with equally inane and obvious answers.

Exactly - and this is the problem with turning the activism into a business. What happens if the WTS doesn't do anything? You still want to release content, and so you start inventing things instead of reporting things.

we will be branded with the same colours as him and we will be alot less credible with him around, I believe anyone who into YouTube activism should publicly distance themselves from him.

I disagree. I think it's clear to anyone who wants to look that we're certainly not part of whatever group he thinks he speaks for. We are well clear of him. But yes, anyone who wants to keep their credibility has to distance themselves from him, or you'll be seen to be condoning his lifestyle and behavior.

• wozza
    wozza

"Where do we go from here ...?"

Well I think Evans will take the lead from the Watchtower and other organizations that go bad , he will REBRAND as if what happened before does'nt matter anymore, that was someone else who did that.

He will leave a shitty trail behind him and paint the future as bright.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

He seems to have an outsized influence in the exJW community. I assume that will continue for a while, but it will dwindle. It's an interesting dynamic- I don't expect the WT or the GB to publicly boast about his downfall. No doubt they'd love to gloat openly, but I expect they will restrict themselves to taking shots at him without naming him. At the same time, he will not be in the clear, since the comments section of his future videos will likely devolve into fights between people mocking him and people defending him.

But there are lots of resources out there for someone who has left the organization and is seeking comfort or answers, or both. Lots of good ones. Some of those might get more attention now, which is a good thing.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

The problem with people is, they tend to attach themself to people and things that is unwarranted. I see it all the time in cars, watches, guns, electronics, motorcycles. They don't evaluate the actual thing but seem to identify with that thing as a part of themself. Same with other people or groups. JWs do it, they ID with the cult as a part of themself and so do not critically think about the group or person. Evans I agreed with 90 percent of the time on his criticism of the cult. He at times went into the weeds on some small thing that is a waste of time but for the most part I liked his videos.

I see all the mind numb on his last video crying and telling him he is great ect. This is the same thing as one who is a JW and will hear no bad about the cult or the GB. Evans is flawed and has massive mental issues. He is very narcissistic and does not even seem to try to live in reality with his self image. His judgment is just piss poor. Why on earth would anyone go on social media and spill their private life like this? Why would you tell someone you work with I.E. Silvio your private marriage information? If this does not show a severe lack of common sense then I don't know what would.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

HA HA! The old "where shall we go?" conundrum!

The wheels of justice grind slowly, but they grind very fine.

Lloyd's earlier work will be evaluated and re-evaluated by the XJW community as knowledge of Lloyd's character flaws spreads. Probably his future work is pre-tainted like old chicken parts from that supermarket you can't trust.

In time, our Lloyd-and-Savior will probably find employment as a window-washer at the Baiyoke Tower in Bangkok, Thailand.

Baiyoke Tower II - The Skyscraper Center

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

What I think would be a useful idea for some, would be a little self reflection on how we continue to follow men. We were all once followers of one group of men, blindly thinking that they could do no wrong, only to follow others (or one in this case) thinking the same. For me, I think of Lance Armstrong. I was really crushed at the time, when I found out he was doping despite his near impossible winning streak, particularly so since my family had been so affected by cancer. Yet there you go. And while I have the highest regards for the work of Ray Franz, there is no way that he was perfect ... as none of us are ... or will be.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Nathan our Lloyd and saviour 🤣🤣
  • mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

My guess is Evans will not be able to STFU and will do more videos. My dad used to tell me when you are digging yourself into a hole the first thing to do is stop digging.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit