Is The Person Who Helped You “Get Into The Truth” Still Around?

by minimus 19 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I helped, unfortunately, many people to become baptized JWs. Recently, over the last few years, I saw many of my students who were still “ in the Truth “ lament that I was no longer associating or active in the faith.

I do feel bad that I did such a good job that most of them still are in the cult.

Are your teachers still around or did they wise up and leave the Lord’s Organization??

• zeb
    zeb

he is but is dying from a neural stress induced condition.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Passed away from lung cancer (she never smoked) about 16 years ago. Honestly I'm glad she didnt see how bad things have gotten regarding shunning since she had a DF daughter she never shunned. Im pretty sure she wouldnt have watched jwbroadcast and goodness knows what she'd have thought of the carts.

As for the child abuse it would have horrified her. I dont know what all this would have done to her mind.....:(((

• blondie
    blondie

My mother? She died 7 years ago still hoping she would never die.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I'm not sure, but if she is still alive, she would still be a JW. She told the Watchtower 1975 lie to my mom, and thus dragged me along for the ride. She is a distant cousin on my mother's side of the family. If she is still alive she would probably be in her early 90's. All her son's (3) and her son-in-law are all elders (or was when I was still a JW) in different congregations in different states in the US.

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

This is a great question! The Person studied with me is actually missionary. I haven’t seen him in about 15 years. Ironically, he is in town for a few weeks. I will be hooking up with some old witness friends Very soon. Definitely a little nervous, but I am still going to go. I have always usied the excuse that because of my demanding job, I can’t make all the meetings. I think it’s been at least four years though… LOL

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

NO! My mother died 19 years ago still thinking that she would live forever. She drummed it into our heads that we "would never grow old in this system". I'll be 73 next month. Is 73 old? Guess not cause mom was always right! Except when she wasn't!

just saying!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Interestingly enough, the people who taught me the religion are both family, elderly and have proven to be mentally ill. Hopefully I got out in time.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

I believe the person influential in getting me to make the fateful decision to get involved with the JWs is still around and they also know I’m no longer a JW.

But the actual people I studied with passed away years ago.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

They all died of old age without seeing me get 'The Truth'. They were expecting to be part of The Great Crowd and had to watch that promise never come into their reach,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit