Is The Person Who Helped You “Get Into The Truth” Still Around?

by minimus 19 Replies latest jw friends

• The 12 Apostates
    The 12 Apostates

I was born and raised, both of my parents are still alive. I left the religion in my late teens, about 15 years ago. My parents are still inside

• sparky1
    sparky1

Is The Person Who Helped (Forced) You (To) "Get Into The Truth (Jehovah's Witness Religion)" Still Around?

No....my god intoxicated, religiously fanatical, dyed in the wool Jehovah's Witness mother died 19 years ago next month. Still believing that Armageddon was imminent .

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I have dear old mom & dad to thank for 30 years of my life wasted in the cult known as Jehovah's Witnesses. I've been free for about 15 years.

• tiki
    tiki

Born in....grandfather "anointed" died at 99 in 1989....mother essentially gave up on the religion ages ago ...She's alive bodily at 98...mentally gone though.

Interestingly I never had a study that progressed and got dunked and I always wondered why...what was lacking in my teaching...motivational skills...I used to wonder about it. And I recall one circuit overseer who really ragged on me about it. Now I think my cognitive dissonance must have shone through.....I think I had a negative aura regarding the religion. So....despite myself I didn't manage to pull anyone into the web.

• new boy
    new boy

My Nazis Jehovah witness mother dead in 1983. I sure she is up in haven surprised as shit to find out how things really work.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Mom is still going strong. Of course, she isn't young anymore (as WT promised her for decades) and she's becoming aware that she will die. I that because we have discussed arrangements, etc. She's semi-awakened to the fact that it's "wrong". She still has the CD kick in and will occasionally spout off something like, "Well, it's not all bad. It helps people live a better lifestyle."

She also likes to say, "Where else would we go?" And, for her, I believe she is still better off at the Kingdumb Hall twice a week with her other little gray haired friends.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

My mother passed away a couple of years ago.

But she was responsible for handing me a tract as I was exiting the womb.

Rub a Dub

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I assume my mom is still out there somewhere. She must be, as I got notification of some estate stuff and some checks from a wrongful death lawsuit (or something like that, when honestly his death was entirely his fault) from my dad's death. She's doing the suing, so she's still out there I guess.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

The guy that 'encouraged' me to go the the hall in '00 is in south america running a cong. as PO. That and waiting for his inheritance by staying in and active in JW land. ( dad was a CO ) The two guys I studied with are elders, one sort of woken up but justifies it all by sugar coating everything. The other is PO of a somewhat local to me hall and has made a carer of it, in for life. Very brainwashed individuals, that latter one especially.

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

This Person gave me a nice Bible teaching in 1971 and brought me to baptism in 1972, baptism done only in the name of God and Jesus (baptism was not done at that time moreover in the name of an American organization). This person died more than twenty years ago. I must say that he was very friendly and very humble and always ready to help. Nothing to do with the nowadays "phallocentric elder class" members licking the ass of the so called "holy" eight GB members today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit