Will the GB Eventually "observe" Tithing?

by Sea Breeze 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The Borg is ultimately spooked when there are any hints of a loss of tax free status.

What is the most important thing to the Borg? Its $$$$

Next is its image and then free labor.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

I have mentioned, several times, they don't have to use the word 'tithing". They already have a buzz word for that- "donation". They advise the congregation they are going to read a letter from the society. That letter stipulates amounts to be given per publisher( suggestions of course)- the elders in their wisdom set the amount, another meeting, explanation how dire it is to get the good news out there with Jehovahs Blessing( guilt) then its a raise hands who agrees with the "suggestion"- and of course, no one wants to stand out as a negative, so its passed with a majority vote. This happens regularly and I am so pissed that- who was it that said- "if the money stops, its time to stop preaching"? Well, the money is stopping, what do they say now? The people are so mind controlled, sheep is the best way to describe their attitudes. Get in line, do what I say, if you don't, you are an apostate or spiritually sick, or not studying the repetitive WT materials enough or holy spirit has left the building. Now they are selling memberships- each publisher has to pay every month $15.00 a head- that's forever, every 30 days, until they want more. So a member- no -they don't use that specific word anymore. Your a publisher or someone in the congregation, but if you are going in service, you pay! and to put icing on the cake, receive Jehovahs blessing again. They haven't figured out Jehovah does not need money. Yet the cry for "unrighteous riches" and refuse to say what they are doing for it... One hall in Nigeria maybe? or Iqualiuit?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Like I said. They will say every word other than "tithing".

They will do every form of "tithing" ,,but never utter that word.

Because how dare they!! Use similar practices of other Religions.

But really they aren't any different.

They just act like every other religion. But just don't use the same words. Just act the same.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

They play games with commonly understood definitions to deceive.

Exactly! Just like they claim not to believe in a Rapture, yet claim that all remaining anointed will be "called away" before Armageddon.

Rapture-no, called away-yes. Tithing-no, enforced "voluntary" giving-yes.

• a watcher
    a watcher

As for the Rapture, they conveniently forget about Rev 6:11 that says "...until the number was filled of their fellow slaves and their brothers who were about to be KILLED as they had been".

• dozy
    dozy

What exactly do they mean by "being blessed by Jehovah" by giving more? They are increasingly sounding like the sleazy "God TV" style American TV evangelists.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The business model of the pre-internet era is gone.

No longer sustainable.

They have to plagiarize similar online religions to reinvent themselves for survival.

An online internet,, subscription based,,700club-like religion.

They have no choice.

With a subscription fee,,,,most importantly of course.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Perhaps Mr. Losch should be reminded that it has been the long-time position of the WT to "receive free, give free".

"Today, however, many religious organizations of Christendom have ignored this Christian principle and the one that says: “You received free, give free,” and have required their members to tithe". - w60 7/15 pp. 445-446

Now that the internet/technology has destroyed their little printing money-making business model (which allowed for the damnation of tithers), the tithe is looking pretty good.

How Losch can sit there and talk about tithing, even indirectly, after the organization demonized others for promoting a biblical precedent, is breathtaking in its scope of hypocrisy.

Too bad they are locked away in their ivory towers where man-on-the-street interviews are all but impossible.They can hide from the masses they abuse; but they cannot hide from God. Mr. Losch's day of reconing is coming.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think it’s a possibility. I heard a local JW say that tithing really wasn’t so bad because it was never strictly enforced. Jews were asked to contribute a tenth but nobody checked up on them to see if they paid the full amount. (Unlike the Mormons, and others, who check!) That sounds like the kind of tithing that the GB could plausibly introduce: they tell JWs that they should be contributing a tenth of their income but that it’s up to their own conscience whether they meet that obligation or not. I think it would be highly effective because you’d get a reasonable proportion of JWs who would feel conscience bound to contribute a tenth of their income. The others were probably wishy washy JWs to begin with and it might be a further psychological barrier that separates marginal JWs from feeling part of the group.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Is it likely he would bless those who are stingy greedy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit