Will the GB Eventually "observe" Tithing?

by Sea Breeze 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Found this on FB from the recent Losch talk. Time for a new business model?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

No but they will shame people who give less in support of God's only Channel of communication, the Faithful and Wise Servant in charge of all some of the Master's goods.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

They may not come right out and say it now, but they appear to be working up to it ...the message seems to be to give more than you have been giving. Thought: since the r and f aren't having to report time, likely they won't be in "service" as much, they will have more time to earn money or at least spend less as they aren't driving as much-so the org. knows they may have a bit more change in their pockets- the org WANTS that money!

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

You can see what the excuse will be if they ever implement such a system- it is the fault of the rank and file, for not giving enough when they had the chance. It is also, indirectly, Jehovah's fault, for expecting his followers to pony up cash instead of providing for them himself. It is the perfection of narcissism: praise us for all of the good things, but the bad things are someone else's fault.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

the message seems to be to give more than you have been giving

Exactly. I've mentioned before that my father died before I was able to complete moving all his financial accounts into joint accounts with me to protect them from having to be handed over to WTB&T$$$$. As a result they got nearly a seven figure payout when he died. All I got for doing what I legally had to do as executor was a letter asking it they were going to get MORE. greedy bastards!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Tithing?

It sure seems to be the Borgs is swaying in that direction.

They wont dump it on the $heeple all at once.

Just like you dont throw a frog in hot water and boil it. You bring it to a boil from ambient temperature and boil it slowly.

Like what the Borg is doing here with tithing. Bringing it in slow but slowly so its less of a dramatic and drastic shock.

Tithing? Its definitely on the horizon

New light. Yes.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The Borg is going broke.

Rick Fearon was talking about on SixSreens last nite.

They even go further than that and talk about wills and estates too.

They have been saying for years that things are coming that doesn't make sense from a "human standpoint".

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

I can see the WT running an article something like this soon:

Valuing Friendship Like Abraham

Before the New Covenant and before the Mosaic Law, Abraham was called God's Friend. While he was under no obligation to give a tenth of his wealth to Melchizidek (Genesis 14:18-20), he did so because of his friendship with God's anointed.

Likewise today, the great crowd of other sheep are not under Mosaic Laws that stipulated giving a tenth to God's anointed priest class under penalty of death. However, as God's friends what would prevent Jehovah's people from making this a personal goal out of appreciation for such life-giving friendship? True Christians today follow examples like Abraham, not only with obedience to God's Laws, but also with their valuable things out of respect for their friendship with God. Some may even wish to exceed what Abraham gave.

The Jonadab class has unswervingly upheld the direction from the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class for more than 100 years now. They have rejected friendship with the world which makes them enemies of God; Therefore, there is every reason to believe that the Great Crowd of "other sheep" will continue to demonstrate their loyalty and friendship with God's anointed as we continue to refine our understanding of what it means to be friends with God, like Abraham.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Sea Breeze,,

Are you a clandestine backroom writer for the gb?!!?

You write what we all think..And,, I believe this is exactly what will be.

I have some pimi and pimo associates and that is their collective opinion also.

Well presented and written

jtg

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

They could just sell appointments. They've published enough articles about Simony to prove that it is rife in the organisation; it's not like the WT to not take advantage of any money making opportunity.

Actually, I take that back. They are too stupid and stubborn to recognise which way the wind is blowing. They had a nice little publishing company going, with free labour selling their product door to door. At the first whiff of them having to follow their own rhetoric to "pay to Caesar what is Caesar's" (sales tax), they scuttled the whole profitable enterprise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit