Did You Ever Tell An Elder Off??? How Did It Feel???

by minimus 81 Replies latest jw friends

• willy_think
    willy_think

fearnotruth,

if a man should truly refuse to subject themselves to the State's jurisdiction, he is put in lockup.

if a man truly refuse to subject themselves to WT jurisdiction, the WT will not let him play with there toys or there boys any more.

not quite the same to someone who does not like the way the WT plays.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE
    A dim wit cannot see things clearly.

That could also read: A dim wit cannot 'explain' things clearly.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Elders -- and the general congregation population -- forget that the elders are "just men" ... they are no one special. They have no special powers. Hell, they are not even qualified men! They have no training! To counsel??? Bloodshot Unfortunately, they are elevated so high on a pedestal ... and worshiped...yes! worshiped! Prayer by everyone because everyone is told that the elders have been appointed by holy spirit and crap like that ... people lose all perspective of the reality ... that the elders are still ... just men ...

ESTEE

• minimus
    minimus

I've told people off that I've respected. You can do both.

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

No disrespect to anyone on this board intended by my remarks, as I personally respect the views , opinions, and feelings of others.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Well, I got in a shouting match with one of 'em. And at the time I was a sister in very good staning, and totally got away with it

Here's what happened: the bookstudies had been reorganised, and they put me in a difefrent one than my grammy and mummy. The argument ... I would be a good influence for the other Bookstudy.

My mum didn't agree at all, was a bit upset, and wrote a letter to the P.O. And, LOL, the elder who had done the reorganisation, felt overstepped and was insulted (he was five years older than me) and he cornered my mum in the Hall, and scolded her about it.

No one messes with my mum. So I meddled into the conversation, and asked him if he had even read the letter. He admitted he hadn't. And I went like "How DARE you accuse my mum of things then, if you haven't even read what she said. You should be totally ashamed of yourself" etc, etc. He got pissed then, and I got pissed cuz he got pissed. It took another elder to calm us both down.

LMAO, the faces of the other brothers and siters hearing that fight.

-

Blue Bubblegum Girl

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Oh, and we didn't get out way, I was put into this dull bookstudy with a dimwitted elder, and cuz I was still pissy about it, I totally made his life a living hell. We were studying the Daniel-book, and that's history. And the elder made one mistake after another with his history-facts. First time I would respectfully point out his error. He would not take my word for it. Within three weeks he and I were at odds... He made an error, I would correct him en-public, and prove it too. He could drink my blood after two months of that sh*t.

Well, you shouldn't presume to be a teacher if you can't get your facts straight

-

Blue Bubblegum Girl

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

the point that elders have no power than what you give them is on the money. I have been saying it for years. thay only have what you give them, glad to see others think the same way. one argument I got into with an elder was over a person in the hall that had mental problems and tried to kill them selves several times. they wanted to have the person meet with elders. and my opinion was how the hell can electricions and carpenters help some one that a doctor should be treating? I got all the same shit the it is not the preson but hova who helps. what a load of shit. they cant even accecpt that hova is a midevil misstranslation of yhwh, loosers these so called elders. most of them are in it for the power they feel over the rank and file. such a bunch of sickafants

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I never actually told an elder off, but there was a strange, sort of aloof Book Study Conductor/Elder who was never warm or welcoming, and since I was newly reinstated, I would have appreciated a little welcoming or warmth; instead, after I missed a Book Study one week, his wife presumed to reprove me for missing the meeting, and she tended to hover around me at the Kingdom Hall too; so when I'd been talking to her pleasantly at the Hall one night, the "Elder" walked up to us w/ a look of disapproval along w/ that superior, rigid body language. Without any pleasant hello or welcome, he mentioned that I hadn't been at the Book Study that week. I smiled sincerely at him and said, "How can you shepherd me if you don't draw me out?" And he nearly exploded! He stammered and looked at his wife, who looked at him, and he evidently decided not to tell me off as he'd planned, and he walked away. His wife looked at me and laughed. TURNED OUT HE WAS DISFELLOWSHIPPED ABOUT A MONTH LATER FOR HAVING HAD A 1 OR 2 YEAR LONG AFFAIR W/ THE WIFE OF ONE OF THE BROTHERS IN THE CONGREGATION! AND WHAT'S MORE, JUST BEFORE HE WAS DISFELLOWSHIPPED, HE GAVE THE MEMORIAL TALK AT OUR HALL, AND IT WAS ABOUT THE BEST MEMORIAL TALK I HAD EVER HEARD! So much for Jehovah's Spirit having ANYTHING to do with anything done at the Hall.

Oh, by the way, I still felt compassion for him when it was his turn to endure the agony of the reinstatement process, sitting there in the back, being shunned, and I cried when I warmly welcomed HIM back, and told him how much I had enjoyed his Memorial talk the year before. He was very humbled by then.

• minimus
    minimus

Seeit- That was a GREAT 1st post!!! I hope to hear more from you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit