Did You Ever Tell An Elder Off??? How Did It Feel???

by minimus 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Mysterious
    Mysterious
    Sadly, most JW's are very intimidated by the elders. And the reason is because they think if they disrespect the elders, they are disrespecting Jehovah God....MIND CONTROL at its best.

Well I'm sure this bible passage brought out in the watchtower really didnt help matters:

And he proceeded to go up from there to Bethel. As he was going up on the way, there were small boys that came out from the city and began to jeer him and that kept saying to him: "Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!" Finally he turned behind him and saw them and called down evil upon them in the name of Jehovah. Then two she-bears came out from the woods and went tearing to pieces forty-two children of their number. 2 Ki. 2:23, 24.

That would scare anyone about bad mouthing elders, especially kids!

• morty
    morty

Yes I did.....I was only 15 as well....I was the first to do it in our congregation to ( thats what I was told anyways)...I Must admit, that I did get in a whole lot of trouble from Mom and dad, but it was the best feeling I had ever had in my whole life....They belittled me for so ,many years that I finally had enough of their BS!....You see, I was labeled as "Trouble" in our borg for some time....then they decided to pay a visit to me with mom or dad not there....tryed telling me that I needed to get to more service, more meetings, less wordly people interactions and blah,blah, blah.....For me to see the double standerd at such a young age, boggeled there minds I guess...I ended up telling them about their good liitle elders....How they were my influence and taught me everything I knew, not the "wordly" people.....The whole thing just made me sick.....To think that a suppposed good standing brother,had the nerve to tell me, what was right from wrong, when he(one of the elders that was at my home) was the one showing me how to party ( there was 4 elders in total at my house)....Lets just say there was alot of eye ball popping,and jaws falling to the floor when I was done.. I was disrespectful,only to be that way because of the disrespect that was shown towards me for many, many years....

I have to tell you all though, this incident was the one that opened my parents eyes to the "troof"....We later moved, and left that hall, never to return to any hall..... it was not nice at all, what I said to all 4 of them elders,but it was the turth...... I was told that I was a destructive teenager that was working under satans belt.....What a nice thing for a elder to say eh!.......This is why I said what I did....

morty

• Tina_Belina
    Tina_Belina

Several times. It was well deserved each time. And it felt magnificent.

• morty
    morty

welcome Tina.....

• jumper
    jumper

my last contact was a visit from the circuit overseer and two elders, i wouldnt let them in my house they told my that there were serious matters that needed to be talked about. i told them that i would only respound to questions submitted to my lawyer in writing. funny i never heard back from them..

• jumper
    jumper

oh yea, it felt good to be rid of them

• window man
    window man

I called them and had my disfellowshipping meeting by phone told them was moving on too better things they told me witnesses only have the truth @that cause there imperfect men there are sometimes glitches but no other group has the truth i told them what about jesus,s day when the apostles came across the man expelling demons in jesus name they told jesus he aint part of us what did jesus do ? yah no boys i think you shoud read your bibles more in stead of judging people hung up and am here for anyone who needs encouragement

• morty
    morty

WOW! Three newbies in a row.....

WELCOME ....Tina,Jumper and Window man.....

Thanks for shareing your thoughts......again welcome to the fourm...

Morty

sorry for hyjacking the thread....

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

NEVER, EVER. Because a jwi is under its authority.Even a fellow elder. Right or wrong is not the isssue but whether an elder a cop a teacher an emplyer a parent or anyone having authority should be traeted with respect not because such may deserve respect but for my values. Telling an elder off even if I feel he deserves it, is not the proper thing to do. Of course when an elder acts inapropriately, he looses respect.But one should not stoop to a low level telling him off. That is wrong in my opinion.

On one occassion I felt that there was a breeh of confidentiality.with a cetain matter. In my opinion the privacy of the bros is not the business of the elders and it is not the right thing to do for an elder to give a listenning ear to the wife of a fellow JW who wants to reveal to the elders any marital privildege information about her husdband. THe elders have no business or authority to give an eager listenning ear to any wife who wants to complain against her husband or vice versa. The elder should simply tell the woman to work it out with her husband and refuse to give ear to gossip. If the elder does listen to that information and learns information that he has no business knowing that defames a fellow jw or the non beliveing husdband of a sister, that elder has disqualified himself from office in my opinion because he has violated the privacy of his fellow man. I will not view that elder with respect and I will not view that elder seriously.

But I will not tell him off. Sometimes an elder that has access to files even those files that are sealed and the elder may without authority "to help the brother" but actually to satisfy his curiousity look at the file or secretly probe other elders for details on matters that are non of his business. This causes harm to the brother who's privacy has benn violated There is no good reason in my opinion to keep a written record of sins that have been covered over by the "ransom" or to keep informing other elders about matters that have been adjudicated by a Judicial commitee and settled. A brother who has commited a sin and knows that there exists a written recoed of it can nver feel at ease, alwqays feeling uncomfortable around elders who know about his sin and fearing that such file may become public

Sometimes an elder will have the audosity to insinuate something to a brother with a past history of sin about his sin. This is not proper conduct for the elder, again in my opinion. But under the guise of oxgoads such outrages are justified..

The role of the elder is to assit indivuals spiritualy, physically, emotiomnally, mentally and financially and not to cause harm in any way to the sheep.Mny times though sheep don't want the help but stubbornly persist with their insuborditaion. And also many times the elder is incompetent or unqualified for the position. and there you have a cong.

• morty
    morty

Another newbie...Fearnotruth....

Welcome to you as well....

morty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit