Did You Ever Tell An Elder Off??? How Did It Feel???

by minimus 81 Replies latest jw friends

• anglise
    anglise

Hi Min

Like Frans experience I can remember a very loyal elderly sister challenging the BS elder. She was right but still had to apologise publicly to the elder for daring to say anything.

Welcome to the board Fran

Anglise

• Gadget
    Gadget

Welcome to the forum Fran. I'm glad you saw the 'truth about the truth, its just sad that you had to experience the velvet glove coming off...

I had a meeting with the co last July because I wanted to discuss all the conflicting information I was getting from the elders. The elders in my hall had been saying very little to me, but po from another hall had been talking to me a lot, and was upset because he said my local elders were wrong. The co naturally backed my local elders who were in the meeting with him, and gave me some advice as to what I should have done differently to approach the elders before getting df'd. I told the co I'd already done the things he'd recommended but the elders had ignored me, and went round each of the elders in the room addresing them personally listing the times I'd done what the co had said that involved them personally. The room was silent for so long after that, with everyone looking at the floor. It was actually me who broke the silence, changing the subject for them because there was other things I wanted to discuss too and I wanted to show that I was more interested in getting things right in the future than dwelling on past mistakes. I would of loved to have been in the meeting after I left and heard what was said.....

• smack
    smack

Yes I did, heard him telling my father (an elder) that I was a "bad association" to his son. Drove around to his house and gave him a stern talking to. After that I was treated with respect. All except 1 of the elders were stood down within a year, seems they couldn't get on with each other. To this day my fatjer won't speak to this ex elder......... his brother in law. I have a good relationship with both of them, despite being out for 22 years.

Steve

Tasmanian Overbeer

• Gordy
    Gordy

Hi Fran,

I wondered whether you were the same "Fran" who wrote on Reachout.

I write on there also as GC.

You will find this a great forum.

• fran
    fran

Hi all,

Forgot to mention.The same Elder who came to discipline me and answer my questions,in PRIVATE conversation said,He did not beleive everything coming through the Watchtower either,but waited on jah.There are many many,Elders who think like this,you would be amazed how many.So do not be afraid of them.Also a very super intelligent Elder,who i cared for very much came to see me He too said check everything out,and also he did not agree with lots of WT material,also he KNEW all of the so-called 'apostate'stuff,all that you and I were not allowed to read,he had it all.

They are hypocrites,

GC,Hi,yes it's me,taking time out of reachout,lots to do,lots of mail to answer,mostly from womens site,What are we going to do with james/Donald/Bernard?They are so indoctrinated.i found a link about the white horse,(you raised this question once)

There is a video on CULT RESOURCES.not convinced though,see what you think,

have to go out now.

bye all.

Fran

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, yes, yes.

Tiring and a waste of time. Won the battle but was losing the war. Like most JWs, they live in the land of Denial.

But no more, because it is all "pearls before swine."

Blondie

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

When I found out about 10 years ago the body of elders had LIED to me, I stormed into an elders house, when another elder was there and told both of them off. It feels good now to realize I didn't roll over to those idiots

When I was going to be Dfed about a year ago I told the chairman to blow it out his ass. That felt good to know I called them out and the organization out ,for what they were. LYING hypocrites.

These people blow quite the tune in their literature about how wonderful they are, but do little or nothing to help their fellow worshippers.

• minimus
    minimus

"I told the chairman to blow it out his ass"..............That's great!......Welcome Fran. We've enjoyed your posts! Keep them coming.......Once a person realizes that elders are no better than anyone else, it's EASY to tell 'em off.....Now, if you're still "in" and debating----TRY IT----YOU'LL LIKE IT!!!----

• Undecided
    Undecided

They have all treated me with respect, I guess because I was one myself for several years and knew most of them as friends. When they call I just bring up questions that I have pondered, like what is the heart that God will judge? What makes a person what he is, genetics, enviornment, his physical brain, chemical balance? (The DO said that his son couldn't function properly without his pills to balance his chemicals in his brain.) They didn't have an answer either. I asked do we have a spiritual part seperate from the physical body that is considered our heart and if so how is it developed? Are we totally responsibile for our personality or are there other things that make us the person we are? How much does Jesus or God contribute to our being what we are? Does his spirit directly change us and if it does how does it chose who to change?

If you bring up questions like these they will leave real soon.

Ken P.

• Special K
    Special K

Wow.. Fran...

You sound like a woman like me...

always being told to keep my mouth shut by the elders because I could see things that were being done hypocritical and would bring it to theirttention.

Also, a child molestation case and me told to keep quiet about.

Welcome Fran...great to read your post.

sincerely

Special K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit