Do You Feel Your Rights Are Being Trampled On By Government Regarding Coronavirus?

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Also there is no need to chip our brains.Since the internet age, we all have spread ourselves open about everything we think on , our political, religious, about groups, brands etc.You name it, we have expressed our opinion. Like I just did (I have never ever done this before so I will delete the comment I made before this partially), thereby creating my own profiling handed to them through internet , freedom of expression.They do not need any chips mate, it is all out there!

Zing

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It is not about rights, it is about duties.

We all have a duty to our neighbours not to catch or spread this potentially killing disease. Yes our civil rights are curtailed , but it is a price we have to pay for staying healthy , even staying alive.

How would you react if nothing was said, and you or your loved one caught it? We ard all teed off with staying in , all Summer events cancelled, not being able to go out and enjoy the sunshine, get a coffee or a pint.... but thats just the way it is.I

• Half banana
    Half banana

I live in a country (UK) where I feel the government is acting responsibly. For a change there is no political party capital being made, it is in the interests of everyone to stay at home and not infect others. Although a bit inconvenient, all the people I know are taking it in their stride and with good humour. Apart from a few groups of young wild-things getting together at the start requiring the police to be called, common sense prevails and it has settled down to a new routine of social distancing without major rucktions.

In France the same is being achieved but by a very strong police presence, on the spot fines and imprisonment for third time infringers of the government's emergency measures.

As George Carlin once said there are no such thing as "rights" there are only "temporary privileges"

Just look up Japanese Americans living in the US during World War two...what kind of "rights" did these people have?

"Right this way into the internment camp!"

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

No, I don't see any real government "trampling" on my rights. If I got COVID-19, I would directly or indirectly accept whatever help I could get from the government, medically or financially.

If people think that the government is trampling on their rights, just have a program whereby you sign a document (like the blood thing we have) and specify that you do not want treatment, that you do not want help. You get the disease, deal with it yourself.

South Korea just implemented a program in which if you are caught in a group, you get arrested and an ankle bracelet type of thing is put on your wrist so you can be tracked. That may not work here in the US with the number of inter-bred square-headed people we have here but it would certainly make you think twice about being in a group.

Rub a Dub

• minimus
    minimus

A town in Massachusetts is fining anyone 100 bucks if they walk on the wrong side of the street. The town designated that walkers could only walk one side of a street to avoid coronavirus. If you don’t comply, you get fined. You have to walk against traffic.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The town designated that walkers could only walk one side of a street to avoid coronavirus.

Min ...

I just saw on the news that one of our major food stores here (not sure which one) is making the aisles one-way with arrows on the floor. This is to avoid face to face contact. I have no problem with that.

Rub a Dub

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

States and counties forbidding property owners from traveling to other properties. Picking winner and loser businesses depending on hazy criteria. Liquor can stay open, ice cream not. Pawns with federal firearms license can stay open. Big chains with groceries still can sell lawn, clothes, home decor. Appliance stores closed unless they also sell nuts and bolts or lumber. I can't see my dentist. I cant go to an outdoor rifle range.

I do understand the resort towns wanting fewer ( take your choice) Californians. New York, texas, big city overloading their Obamized hospitals.

Yes my rights are trampled. " papers please"

• NoAbuse
    NoAbuse

WTWizard: "You want a genuine reason to lock things down? How about tuberculosis. You get tuberculosis, you are going to have a far worse infection than any coronavirus. Even if you die from either, tuberculosis is a much more miserable death than coronavirus. And you get better about 98% of the time with coronavirus, most of the time without anything more than symptomatic treatment and/or supplements. Try that with tuberculosis. Yet, how often do you hear of "social distancing" or washing with soap and water for tuberculosis?"

Tuberculosis is caused by a bacteria and is treatable. As for your ridiculous anti vaccine statements and 'brain chip' tinfoil hat nonsense....Well it was just complete nonsense.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Liquor can stay open, ice cream not.

road to nowhere ...

Do you consider ice cream essential?

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit