Do You Feel Your Rights Are Being Trampled On By Government Regarding Coronavirus?

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I support local and state and federal government’s power to safeguard the public. I wonder is it getting to a point where we will be told we can’t go out anymore, can’t use your phone or computer anymore because of the viruses that we can get, etc.

Are we PROLONGING this virus at all ? Will this go on and on and on???

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

You do not have a right to practice your rights when its a danger to the public. This is not a limit on any religion but on people due to a disease. People who are religious are many times low IQ and will risk lives and think god is in control. God is only pretend. How dumb does one have to be to believe that a man made of mud was duped by a woman made of the rib of a mud man who was in turn duped by a talking snake who convinced her to eat a piece of fruit from a tree which dispenses knowledge. Causing a god to be inserted in a virgin woman so he could die on a cross and fix the problem. LMAO Its a bad joke.

• minimus
    minimus

I’m not talking about religion or God here.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Yes, I do believe governments are trampling on rights. I am intelligent enough to practice good hygiene, and stay away from sick people. While I support some government intervention for public safety (think speed limits, fire and police departments etc.) I also think that government over-reach with police enforced travel bans and stay in your home orders are too broad.

Does anyone really believe that once any government uses, and their citizens willingly accept, a level of control over their personal lives that encroaches on their freedoms as human beings that said government will readily relinquish that control?

And NO, I am not saying that their is not a serious virus, and NO, I am not saying that measures should not be taken to ensure personal and public safety. Just that personal responsibility needs to be respected by governments or be insisted upon by the citizens themselves.

• Giordano
    Giordano

"can’t use your phone or computer anymore because of the viruses that we can get, etc."

What are you talking about Minimus? That doesn't make any sense at all. I can stay in touch with hundreds of people with a single handy wipe. I don't have to share their oxygen or disease to have or join a discussion.

Me thinks you misspoke.

Staying in touch on the computer or with phone calls are the best way to interact at this point in time.

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, we're prolonging the virus, that's what flattening the curve means. It's all about reducing the overall death count and it's better for each one of us if we end up catching it and end up needing hospitalization if the hospitals are still staffed and equipped.

• millie210
    millie210

I think when everyone first saw this virus happening they were scared and scared people are more compliant.

Now that we know a lot more about the virus and that people are getting tired of this artificial way of living - the fear is being replaced. It's being replaced by restlessness.

Pretty soon people will begin revolting against restrictions. The government isn't big enough to contain the majority of the populace in every area at once. When it gets to that point you will either see the government step back or you will see anarchy which will be far more dangerous than the virus.

Officials know this and are walking the fine edge of that balancing act right now.

My thought is at the beginning of May they will try for a controlled release of certain regions. Whether they can make it last through April in order to do that is anyone's guess.

• minimus
    minimus

Gio, there’s zillions of germs on phones, computers and nearly everything we touch. Will we be told we can’t use a phone unless we have a wipe.? Someone can’t touch a computer screen unless they are totally sanitized, etc....I think u understand where I’m going.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is only going to get a lot worse. You think it's bad now? Wait until they have a vaccine, complete with formaldehyde, aluminum, fluoride, mercury, and cadmium that is designed to make you sicker than the virus ever could have. Combine that with the RFID chip (the brain chip, not just the hand chip), and we are looking at far worse than any lockdown could be.

As for the lockdowns, I never saw any for H1N1. They hounded me to take a vaccine for that, but I never did. I feel that minor exposure (such as to virus that is near death or has just expired) does the same thing, without the additives or the risk of having a much worse strain in the vaccine. But no lockdown. They barely advised people to wash their hands with soap and water. There was no mention of staying home if you are sick. Schools never closed, though quite a few were absent during their flu.

You want a genuine reason to lock things down? How about tuberculosis. You get tuberculosis, you are going to have a far worse infection than any coronavirus. Even if you die from either, tuberculosis is a much more miserable death than coronavirus. And you get better about 98% of the time with coronavirus, most of the time without anything more than symptomatic treatment and/or supplements. Try that with tuberculosis. Yet, how often do you hear of "social distancing" or washing with soap and water for tuberculosis?

About the only good thing here would be if the churches, which provide the energy for these pandemics (and the communism that is going to follow this, which is way worse than the virus itself), to be permanently closed. We also need to better secure our borders--and this is worldwide. The US/Mexican border isn't the only one that needs better security. They need to stop letting everyone into Europe coming from central or northern Africa or the Muslim portions of the Middle East. That is where diseases come from--and not just coronavirus, either. And stop falling for this "That is racist" rubbish. Is it better to have leprosy, typhus, tuberculosis, and Ebola through Europe?

• LV101
    LV101

I don't think so but this is one mean virus killing medical personnel and I can't imagine the toll of anyone/everyone without stay at home rules. I have friends who've daughters that are RNs and thrilled they work at hospitals that are slow and laying off - both out of state. I've not heard of any layoffs here at hospitals. My family members - 2 at different hospitals and still working - babies still being delivered and the other one is in radiology.

Hahahaha - WTWizzy - I just looked up while typing and read your first line on your last paragraph. Oh you make me lol. Love it.

I do know our golf course (all in the state) is on lock down order from the Dem governor and there's some very unhappy golfers. Too many tattle tales with too much time gawking out their windows then posting all over the place and calling complaining about them standing right next to each other. What's hilarious is the Asians who live in here who pay no country club fees (just residents in community) out walking across the course pushing their $10K baby strollers along with their other children - it's hilarious. The course is supposedly patrolled - must be patrolled by the teenage blondebomb shells that drive the beverage carts. Some people are so disrespectful and there's some people that use it as they're walking course in the wee hours -- now they'll be fined/yeah, right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit