So there are only 12 magazines left!

by stuckinarut2 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Ruby456 lolololol!!!! Local in their heads ok!!!

Isn't the study edition of the Watchtower going ahead as per usual though? Not sure what folks in poorer countries will do without WiFi and tablets to access it.

• zeb
    zeb

so what becomes of the million dollar printing presses.and associated equipment. sold off?

• User99
    User99

@Zeb,

Wonder if they're planning to print money...

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

This is a landmark moment in the history of the Org.

This marks the end of the ministry.

Why?

Think about the pioneers and publishers.

When I was a reg aux pioneer, the back bone of the ministry was always route calls, Going out to people every 2 weeks with the latest magazines.

With the same 12 magazines on loop, then how does that work anymore?

How will the dubs pad out their times now?

This really is the beginning of the great wind down.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

My wife came back from the mtg last night and told me some letters had been read and relayed what I already knew from here.

She said the emphasis would be more on using the videos and conversing with people. I was thinking good luck with that one. The ministry is going to be even less effective IMHO.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

From all reports here ,the average JW could not debate his belief to a five year old child let alone an adult who knows a little bit more about the bible.

The dumbing down over the years of the "truth" is sure going to have repercussions in the future.

All JW`s want to do now is dictate to you what they believe and if you question them on topics of theirs you are aware of they dont want to discuss them with you and beg to leave.

Their is no substance in what they claim to believe where they can have a meaningful discussion with you when you know something about their religion.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3
    Littleleslie12 hours ago12 hours ago
    The Interesting "Locust Letter" ... Written Back In April 12th,1991!
    It would be more credible if the original letter of the time or a verification of it at that time could be produced to verify its authenticity.
    Its all very well to quote a 2014 copy of the letter ,how about the original ?
    just saying.
  • St George of England
    St George of England

The letter read at the meeting last night, as published on here last Saturday, does not mention the 2 years only for the Public magazines nor the combining of the Study WT with the Simplified WT.

Those little gems are still to be released to the congregations!

George

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Their bible, day's text, song book etc are all available in Google Play apps now.

So much for the internet being the devil's tool. :p

I got "counselled" for reading the Bible on my computer screen by an elder as back then apparently "Holy Spirit only comes through books." Glad to see HS is moving with the times. :)

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    The letter read at the meeting last night, as published on here last Saturday, does not mention the 2 years only for the Public magazines nor the combining of the Study WT with the Simplified WT.
    Those little gems are still to be released to the congregations!

interesting. That's why my wife didn't mention them. I didn't mention it myself so as not to invoke a difficult conversation but I did wonder if perhaps it had not been announced.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit