So there are only 12 magazines left!
Sorrry WTWizard, i downvoted by mistake. Upvoted you as well tho.
3 mags of each a year. Thats pitiful. Inside 10 years it'll all be PDF downloads.
This point is very important. The consensus is that printing is expensive, the world is moving on line. The WT is not going to provide either, there is just a blank where the flagship brag of the whole edifice was.
The writing department? Redundant! New light! Gone dark!
Don't you wonder what will be in those few magazines? "Coming Soon - An Armaggedon Event You Won't Miss" "What Can Make You Happy? Donate Now the WT." "Why you Should Join Us"
The Great Tribulation started for JW's when Russell made this religion.
stuckinarut2 ... can you give me more about this comment ... its the first i've heard about it
"Ok, so hot on the heels of the announcement at the AGM, we have been told that there are probably only 12 magazines left!"
Till late 1980ies mags and books had a fixed price, we had hardcover books (various formats) every year, 4 mags x 32 pages each month, and no soliciting for money, just pay regular price for products. Good old days...
At least now, I won't feel guilty about not having read any of the "public" version mags in a mad rush on a Saturday morning before the ministry.
The Interesting "Locust Letter" ... Written Back In April 12th,1991!
... An Interesting Prediction Was Made About The Fall of the Watchtower Society & Their Writing Staff in Spring of 1991 ... Over Twenty-six years ago!
In part the letter stated:
April 12, 1991
Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses
c/o Watchtower Society Inc. New York
Watchtower Society Inc. Pennsylvania
International Bible Students Association
This is to officially notify you that what has been spoken of in Isaiah 22:15-21 has taken place upon you 12 members of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. Yes upon you. Jehovah God through his Faithful Son, who cannot deny himself (2 Tim. 2:12, 13) has REPLACED YOU as his official representative and spokeman for the Anointed Remnant EARTH-WIDE.
The Locust Plague spoken of at Revelation 9:1-11 has began upon you. Verse 4 shows that the men under attack claim to have the "seal" in their foreheads, or they are expected to have the "seal of God" but in actuality do not. They are the focal point of the attack of the locust. Christendom along with it's clergy have often been explained to be ones deserving "hurting" or as the footnote in the large print Reference Bible says "to treat unrighteously" (verse 10) in many of the publications of the Watchtower Society. However, from a much closer examination of the facts, we find that YOU are the ones deserving of this attack.
Case in point, let's examine this new RAMADA INN you starting, or better known as Patterson ... How dare you use monies contributed for sacred service, monies contributed to further the Great Name of our God Jehovah being advertised worldwide -- you took that money and are using it to set up a LAKE TAHOE for yourselves and for all of your illustrous leaders -- better known as Bethel elders, somehow separate from the rest of us. It has been reported in newspapers that this facility is "FOR THE LEADERS" of this organization. There is no denying that you are most reprehensible in this regard. And for this there is indignation from the face of Jehovah. See Numbers 16:46.
...And your madness will become plain to all in the near future. 2 Tim. 3:9. Some will scoff and will say, 'it can't be possible. Jehovah wouldn't turn on his own people. Not the Governing Body, not the Watchtower Society!' Listen to what Isaiah 28:20-22 says about you people. Yes you have been prophesied about!
- "...For Jehovah will rise up just as at Mount Perazim, He will be agitated just as in the low plain near Gibeon, that he may do HIS DEED -- HIS DEED IS STRANGE -- and that he may work his work -- HIS WORK IS UNUSUAL."
...You men in Service Department, Writing Department: listen carefully ... Bethel Elders:
- "And I will make justice the measuring line and righteousness the leveling instrument; and the hail must sweep away the refuge of a lie, and the waters themselves will flood out the very place of concealment. And your covenant with Death will certainly be dissolved, and that vision of yours with Sheol will not stand. The overflowing flash flood, when it passes through -- you must also become for it a TRAMPLING PLACE. As often as it passes through, it will take you men away, because morning by morning it will pass through, during the day and during the night; and it must become nothing but a REASON FOR QUAKING to make OTHERS UNDERSTAND what has been heard." Isaiah 28:17-19
THE LIE: Notice Isaiah 28:15 -- "... the overflowing flash flood, in case it should pass through, will not come to us."
Again, Isaiah 29:14:
- "Therefore here I am the one that will act wonderfully again with this people, in a wonderful manner and with something wonderful; and the wisdom of their wise men must perish, and the VERY UNDERSTANDING of their discreet men will conceal itself."
This is what you will be publishing in days to come:
- "And I also, for my part, gave you people cleanness of teeth in all your cities and want of bread in all your places ... And two or three cities staggered to one city in order to drink water, and they would not get satisifed."
No satisfaction will come from your writing staff. See Amos 4:6-8
- "...Jehovah of armies, is removing from Jerusalem and from Judah support and stay, the whole support of bread and the whole support of water..." Isaiah 3:1
End of excerpt from letter. (Letter written by Donald C. Burney)
Link to letter from website: http://crossingeuphrates.com/phpB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=469&p=1041&hilit=Locust#p1041
Haven't they always recycled articles by putting them through the spin cycle?
Now, there will just be fewer of them.
How "green" of them reducing their paper usage like that such humanitarians lol.
Books in codex form have been around for 2000 years.
Mass-produced books via printing press have been around for 500 years.
Easily affordable books have been available for 200 years.
Easily affordable mass-produced books are more popular than ever.
E-books, and the platform they run on, have been in existence for barely 2 decades.
Their platforms are evolving almost faster than one can keep up with.
They are declining in popularity, and who knows what platform will even be available in a few years.
The "discreet" slave determines that the best course of action is to virtually abandon physical printing of books & magazines in order to devote themselves to producing content in a format that will probably go the way of 8-track tapes and cassettes within a decade or 2?
What's wrong with this picture?
Oh wait - I forgot - "Armageddon is coming very soon now"
Man, that's one over-heated, overblown letter. But good on its writer! Such Old Testament verve. 😇
However, the JW org simple answer is, the bulk of their resources will now be poured into online work. This is the way of many publishing organizations, religious or otherwise. A fact of life as the literate world moves from hard copy print to online.
So, from the JW perspective this doesn't signal organisational extinction but necessary adaptation. Time will tell, though, as to its impact on the rank and file's commitment to pushing the word.