Mo Money ... $$$

by loneranger 56 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Blondie -- I see it damn near as tithing already -- just on a Circuit/Cong level, vs family level. WTS tells the Circuit how much they must pay, No such thing as voluntary giving any longer. If the demanded amount does not come in from the Circuit, then the Circuit tells the Congs how much they must pay (per Publisher). If the demanded amount does not come in from the Pubs, then the Cong is forced make the payment and the Pubs still have to cover the "donation".

WTS has a guaranteed donation arrangement now.

• truthlover
    truthlover

I attend a smaller cong.. about 75 pubs and EVERY month there is no less than $1500.00 - %1700.00 going to that arrangement - I don't know where it is coming from, half cong is older, maybe three have money, I don't give for past two years, then on top of that is another cash payment for whatever of about $700.00 per month- and that from one rural congregation.. what are they getting for larger, more affluent congregations ( knowing that many in poorer countries give what they can) They are raking it in every month perpetually. I think they are combining congregations into one building but keeping them separate to still obtain the monies each congregation was giving per month, otherwise, they would be assimilated and costs shared? I doubt it." contributions" amounts would still stay the same while the other hall sold off for profits--plus they have to keep up the congregation numbers on the annual report - if it is there this year.. just so pubs can say, The work is growing so fast! Seriously? Its an Amway company.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    truthlover: about 75 pubs and EVERY month there is no less than $1500.00 - %1700.00 going to that arrangement

No wonder the org sticks it to the convention attendees if contributions at the congregation level are that low.

Based on your figures, each pub is only giving 20 dollars a month - a measly figure, especially if you compute donations as 10 percent of income (normal tithing amount).

Is the total amount of monthly donations higher than you state? Money going to a local maintenance fund or something? Utilities, etc?

• loneranger
    loneranger

True story...about 1-5 years ago, COBE gets up at mid week meeting and frantically states the LDC says we need a new roof...roof then was asphalt shingles...we need metal now at a cost of ......drumroll..........$53,000. And he hands out plede slips to people right then and there to see wh can fund this "need". After continuing to request over the next 3 weeks they get the $53K...about $40K in cash and the rest in pledges. Weeks go by...no LDC input...no roof...what's up? LDC decides the roof can wait pending a possibility of a "major renovation:. Meanwhile, the Branch takes all the roof money collected !!!!!!!!!!!! No explanation or new timeline to anyone!!!! Outrageous. Congo has about 125 pubs and is on the east coast in central Fla. "Thoughts of a major renovation continue...roof...a dream...roof money...bye bye.

If they do a renov, they'll want more $$$$ before they begin. Likely won;t give credit for the $$$$ allready received.

Something is very seriously wrong here. Older ones gave what they had...now they feel they were lied too. Will NOT give again. This is the heart and soul of the org...oldtime believers. These people forgot how to get oissed off...now they are fuming. Changing wills, etc. Morons running the show.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Money money money....where does it all go?..

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

So, if they're so strapped for cash...

...where the hairy blue fuck did the three billion dollars from the Brooklyn property sales go???

• Finally Left
    Finally Left

..where the hairy blue fuck did the three billion dollars from the Brooklyn property sales go???

I think they had been borrowing against the buildings for years and had to pay back the loans. The buildings were sold and the bank collected the money. That is my 2 cents worth.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Finally Left: I think they had been borrowing against the buildings for years and had to pay back the loans. The buildings were sold and the bank collected the money. That is my 2 cents worth.

Well said...Mother just may be house rich...cash poor! Would be nice if a renegade/PIMO JW working @ Bethel in the accounting department, finance department or real estate department could give us a helping hand & provide some transparency!

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

borrowing against the buildings

If the loans were secured (almost certainly they would be) then a mortgage or lien or other instrument would be recorded in the public records....or however such encumbrances are made choate in that jurisdiction.

'Insider information' should not be necessary.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JWGONEBAD:

They have a lot of goddamn nerve giving out slips like this.

Do they imagine that people they criticized or shunned for having a full time job are going to give them money??? I happened to BE a person denounced for my full time job - which I’m thankful I held onto until my retirement a few years ago...I am glad I listened to my instincts ..If some idiot handed me a form like this, I would crumple it up and throw it back at them.

I don’t want to know what the JWs will do who are sixty-ish and never worked sufficiently to plan for their retirement.. Maybe brothers with businesses and connections can get them employment..If I were there and they came up to ME to ask for money for these people who never wanted to work, my answer is NO.

I’m eighteen years ‘faded’ and glad I’m not there anymore because I couldn’t keep my mouth shut and would be telling people off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit