Mo Money ... $$$

by loneranger 56 Replies latest jw friends

• WillYouDFme
    WillYouDFme

Yet no one blinks right?

No one remember the in 2015 when they had that special video from the branch that said we are bursting at the seams and need to build thousands of halls!

No one remembers that right after all congregations were ask to donate as if they had a mortgage every month and also empty their bank accounts "for the building work".

No one remember the McKindom Halls that were promised. And how halls that were overcrowded with 3,4, or 5 congregations were going to be given new halls.

And no one blinks an eye when 2 years later they start begging for money (after making 1 billion in Brooklyn sales) and say - we have to CONSOLIDATE halls.

JW Amnesia.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

That's the genius of it! They got the jdubs on the perpetual hamster wheel. Focusing on Armageddon being imminent that they don't have time to think

• blondie
    blondie

DOC, I agree with you and have said this many times on here; the congregations are billed for the deficit (2 elders from different congregations told me that). The WTS is trying to get the money one way or the other. I am sure donations are down. I wonder how they will force individuals to donate? Is tithing down the road?

I think lots of JWs are just saying NO. Of course, those wanting to climb the ladder will kick in more.

OR, if there is a shortfall after the assembly, they will just send a bill to the individual Congs demanding they pay.

• truthlover
    truthlover

Don't forget, all halls are under a perpetual giving arrangement started a few years back.. no more mortgages, the blessing we all have to pay now is one donation per month as written on a note and given to elders that bind us forever to give that specific amount every month to the World Wide work including the renos and building of new halls!!! (which are being sold and congs being combined)

And now they are adding to the CA's for more to do the same thing. We also carry the co's expenses per hall visit and pay for their car insurance, apt renos or apt add-ons to the existing halls (last big one was $250,000! while still paying the perpetual monthly donation per hall... )

The final sentence on the form letter from the society was, Jehovah will bless ......

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I wonder if their is any chance of suing the entire Governing Body for religious fraud ,taking money under false pretenses from their Congregants.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Truthlover: the blessing we all have to pay now is one donation per month as written on a note and given to elders that bind us forever to give that specific amount every month to the World Wide work including the renos and building of new halls!!!

This actually took place a few years ago. From what I heard most if not all the congregations in the circuit took part in this concerted effort to get family heads in each congregation to commit monetarily on a monthly basis. On a service meeting part (maybe local needs)...the attached form was given to each family head to fill out and hand over to his Book Study Overseer. Because of reluctance on the part of many to turn his form in...on a weekly basis an announcement was made from the podium as a reminder.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

...I really don't think most family heads are fulfilling their end of the 'bargain'...cause the past several months' accounts reports reveal just peanuts going to 'Mother'! 🤣

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I remember those "slips" being passed out during the Tuesday night Service Meetings, even back in the 80's. However, they were rare, usually when a new KH or remodel was required, etc. Also, they were anonymous, usually on a blank sheet of paper. It certainly wasn't the formal, monthly perpetual guilt-trip that is shown above and going on now. If it had been, my parents would have up and left on the spot!!!

The picture above is jaw-dropping to me. This cult has jumped the shark this past decade. They aren't even attempting to hide their greed and manipulation anymore. Wow.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The trend seems to be that many long time jw's are starting to question the friggin constant request for money. So many 'old jw's' are now retired and on fixed income. Even my still-in wife is starting to ask where the money goes! It's turning people off and until there is transparency and open accounting, I hope it gets much worse! And it will!

just saying!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    WingCommander: The picture above is jaw-dropping to me. This cult has jumped the shark this past decade. They aren't even attempting to hide their greed and manipulation anymore. Wow.

Agreed...if this request for money on an ongoing basis dosen't fall under the same category as tithing...then what does?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit