Favourite Comedy Quotes

by LoveUniHateExams 23 Replies latest social humour

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I wanted to post a serious, profound quote in Stillin's thread but my mind went blank and I'm pretty crap with serious quotes anyway, so I put a jokey quote from the Red Dwarf computer Holly:

It's better to have loved and lost than to have listened to an album by Olivia Newton-John.

When a bemused Lister asks why, Holly replies "because anything's better than listening to an album by Olivia Newton-John!"

This got me thinking, what are everyone's favourite comedy quotes?

Here's another one of mine, from The Office:

David Brent - "I will not have her tunnel bandied around this office ... willy nilly!"

Any more favourites?

• steve2
    steve2

My favorite quote:

"He is not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy" (from the Monty Python film, Life of Brian.)

• JRK
    JRK

"I tell ya, I don't get no respect. The other day Jehovah's Witnesses came to my door, and said they weren't interested." - Rodney Dangerfield

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Mitch Hedberg is responsible for a great many of my favorite comedic quotes/one-liners:

This shirt is "dry-clean only"...which means it's dirty.

I don't have a girlfriend. But I do know a woman who'd be mad at me for saying that.

And one of his that I always think of in relation to JWs, particularly the cart witnessing:

When someone hands you a flyer, it's like they're saying here you throw this away.

There's also a lot of good Mark Twain quotes out there, I think my favorite is:

The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    So this pair of Jehovahs Witnesses are at the front door telling me that the Bible tells them what's going to happen in the future, and that God is overseeing this door-to-door preaching. What a lie that is, because he didn't even duck or block when I punched him in the face.
  • SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Never, no way have I ever been a Yankees baseball fan, but the late Yogi Berra came up with some really funny Berra-isms. My favorites:

(1) When you come to a fork in the road, take it. (2)You can observe a lot by just watching. (3) No one goes there nowadays, it's too crowded. (4) Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours. And maybe this one applies best to the JWs: We've made too many wrong mistakes!

• jhine
    jhine

I tried to get a link to the Two Ronnies " Four Candles " sketch , but it wouldn't work . I find that funny even after all this time ,

Jan

• jhine
  • talesin
    talesin
    They say marriage is a great institution, but I'm not ready for an institution. ~ Mae West
  • snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaGpaj2nHIo&feature=youtu.be

...except of course you don't get electric plugs - powerpoints - in UK bathrooms...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit