More than 17 years of service to the XJW community!

by Nathan Natas 41 Replies latest jw friends

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I would like to mention, when I go to youtube and search for Rick Fearon, I may see a list of six screens or I may have to click on the "live" tab, even though I am watching the recorded program.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Sometimes the recorded episode(s),,,, is satisfactory enough.

It does the job.

• dozy
    dozy

Bring back Johnny the Bethelite!

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

This is a fuggin' joke, right? You can't be serious? Rick FEAR-on is the stereotypical raving ex-JW Apostate LOON that WT HQ has been warning about for decades! The wild-eyed sign holder shouting outside venues and yelling at JW passerby's like "Mr. Coffee" used to do in Columbia Heights!

His site is weird and creepy looking, with an occult feel. The entire "Johnny the Bethelite" fiasco cost him ANY sort of credibility that he MIGHT have had. I can't believe actual credible activists like Barbara Anderson would ever be seen with this CLOWN, much less be interviewed by him. But she did! (WTF, Barbara?)

Putting Six Screens in the same proximity to Simon and this forum is an insult to everyone's intelligence.

Many, MANY people have outright stated that while they were starting to question, and turned to the internet, and came across Rick's site first, that it creeped them out so bad that they then dismissed their doubts and returned to the JW's, only to leave years later after something else happened and they researched other more logical and structured and less fuggin WEIRD websites. (www.jwfacts.com comes to mind, etc)

I can't believe older and long-time posters on here actually kiss this guy's ass? LOL!!!!

Ummm.....yeaaaaah......you do that! SMFH.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

WingCommander, 6 screens may not be perfect, but there often times is interesting content to bring out and the callers give their angles...I don't agree with all I hear, and there are some seriouly hurt by the WT- people calling in and it comes through in their comments. I wouldn't knock it, but rather say try it and if you don't like it, don't bother with it any further. The first time I started to listen in, I stopped and listened to something else ( because of what you are likely referring to as "weirdness".) I don't think I every heard Johnnythebethlelite.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Yeah, interviewing Johnny the Bethelite who was hiding in a closet in Bethel was just off.

My spidey senses were tingling on that one.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

WingCommander said "This is a fuggin' joke, right? (blah blah blah)"

Well, Wingy, ol' buddy, ol' pal, I have to ask what have YOU done these past 17 years to benefit the XJW community?

Do you find it EASY to throw stones at those who unselfishly contribute more than you ever have? Is it a compulsion with you? Can you not help yourself?

Perhaps Barbara Anderson and others who appreciate Rick Fearon's dedication and consistency know something YOU DON'T KNOW.

Rick has assured us time and time again that "Johnny the Bethelite" was absolutely legitimate, while some know-it-alls, without any evidence other than their own imaginations INSIST that "Johnny the Bethelite" was a hoax.

Was "Johnny" ever inaccurate in anything he reported? Tell me when. How could a hoax be so accurate?

You can exercise the "freedom of the sons of god" and NOT LISTEN to SIXSCREENS if you wish.

For myself, I shall exercise my godless freedom to discount whatever you say and listen to SIXSCREENS each week, because I CHOOSE TO.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    This is a fuggin' joke, right? You can't be serious? Rick FEAR-on is the stereotypical raving ex-JW Apostate LOON that WT HQ has been warning about for decades!

I was hoping Rick had moderated the "crazy" out of his presentations. Guess not.

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

Thank you for posting this topic. Rick deserves a shout-out as he works tirelessly to help others. While Rick is not everyone’s taste, he is a valued member of the ex-JW ‘community’ to many. I have had him on in the background for less than 10 times over the years and I have never listened for more than 45 minutes or so. So I am not a big consumer and certainly no expert on Rick’s approach.

Much like Danny Hazard and the many others who have come and gone from JWD, they appeal to some and are repulsive to others. If Rick resonates with some (and he clearly does), good for him (and them). He does not beg for money. He does not attack others who do similar programing. He is not repulsive on many levels. So while Rick is not everyone’s “cup of tea,” he is far more palatable than some.

BTW, I thought “Johnny the Bethelite” was hilarious! Just my opinion but… not objectionable at all. Of course, I am exposed to the ridiculous claims made regularly by US politicians and, as a consequence, may be a bit jaded.

Were he a danger, I’d support warning others, etc. IMO, he is not. My guess is that most here don’t turn to Rick for any revealed Truth or, presumably, anything other than a form of ‘fellowship.’ I am not one of them but I see no value in devaluing Rick’s contributions.

Thank you, Rick, for all you do.

• RESPECTFUL OBSERVER
    RESPECTFUL OBSERVER

Rick Fearon has been hosting his Saturday night live programs for eighteen years and has never missed a Saturday night. He is totally committed to exposing the Watchtower organization. He has developed his own network (The Six Screens Tele-Network) consisting of former Jehovah's Witnesses who host their own live programs every Saturday and every other Sunday on YouTube, Facebook, his own platform he calls the suite as well as a telephone line to listen in and speak up.

Not all of the live programs fifteen plus on his network are great, but some of them are. The program "JW WORLD NEWS" is very popular, and people from around the world listen in and call in, in real-time. Barbara Anderson has a program on Six Screens, "WATCHTOWER INSIDER: BARBARA ANDERSON TELLS ALL," and she gets thousands of people connecting to her show. The audience knows Barbara does her research and does not embellish or sensationalize her narrative.
    Rick never asks for money, and he tells the audience not to send money; he does not have pateons, and he does not monetize his channels. In fact, he claims it cost him $300 a month to host the live programs.The Six Screens is original, and for people to call up in real time and get help is golden.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit