Who make up the new memorial partakers?

by jwfacts 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Well how can any Witness believe that Jesus in 1918 started fullfilling Matthew 25:31-45? If they truly believe it, they accept the authority of the Org and that discreet slave

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

i think jehober changed the number from 144,000 to a much higher number. But since he hasn't updated his "holy word" for over 2,000 years. we haven't got the new number. It's coming sooooooooooon!

just saying!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The new partakers, at least a certain percentage, could be persons like myself who learned the TTATT and then embarked on an in-depth study of the Bible and realized that the scriptures hold out no earthly hope at all.

Then those persons were dumb enough to believe that they were somehow special and were being used by God to help cleanse the “one true religion” in all of human existence, thereby starting a chain of events that fed their own personal “persecution complex” leading to unavoidable consequences; that being existential crisis followed by disfellowshipping.

DD

• Hisclarkness
    Hisclarkness

Vidqun is right.

I personally know many people still in and who have since left who know that the teaching of 144,000 is wrong and that ALL Christians should be partaking of the emblems.

Its that simple. No need to speculate any more than that.

There has been a movement starting in the mid to late 2000s to “awaken” JWs to the true hope held out in the scriptures and many thousands have listened and are partaking as a result.

Again, I personally know many of these partakers and this is the reason they are all stating.

• Hisclarkness
    Hisclarkness

It is too convenient to just say that all the new partakers are crazy or delusional.

Regarless of whether you actually believe the scriptures are true or not, it is a fact that the scriptures teach that all Christians have the same hope and that all Christians should be partaking.

More and more sincere believers inside the JWs are starting to understand this.

• waton
    waton
    ALL Christians should be partaking of the emblems.

Hc : true, the trouble with partaking at the hall is, that you are affirming wt teaching, which confuses the new and kingdom covenants; declares you to be a male virgin ready to be beheaded, to rule for a thousand years.

Most "new" partakers you describe are doing so in private.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    Then those persons were dumb enough to believe that they were somehow special and were being used by God to help cleanse the “one true religion”

I'm glad you found the one true exjw discussion board :-)

• John_Carter_1912
    John_Carter_1912

can't help on this one

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

The sealing of the 144000 is a future occurrence. This according to the context of Rev. 7. So I believe Witness interpretation is all wrong. And if that is the case, the governing body is illegitimate. The changeover from Rev. 6:17 to 7:1 makes it clear.

While the high and mighty of the earth and their attendants run to their underground cities to hide, leaving the ordinary folk to fend for themselves, the remainder of the 144000 are being sealed. These are taken from the twelve figurative tribes of Israel, i.e., “the Israel of God” (Gal. 6:15, 16; Rev. 7:4-8). God’s angel will be sealing them during the prelude to the Tribulation, 12000 from each tribe (Rev. 6:12-7:4). These follow in the footsteps of their Master, Christ (Hebr. 12:2). They would be sealed for their protection (Rev. 7:3, 4; 9:4).The transition between aforementioned chapters of Revelation is introduced by the Greek phrase Καὶ μετὰ τοῦτο (Rev. 7:1 Tischendorf’s New Testament, 8th edition), “and after this,” “this” referring to the kings of the earth and their followers, finding refuge in their underground shelters.

What makes it worse is that they withhold the memorial and the partaking of the emblems from 7-8 million people and all those before them. Jesus made it clear: “Accordingly Jesus said to them, Most truly I say to YOU, Unless YOU eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, YOU have no life in yourselves (John 6:53 NWT).

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I only know of one new partaker. And it's married woman in her early 40's. She told someone she always felt she might be of the anointed. I always just found her annoying. She always seemed a bit emotionally unstable.

That is just my opinion of course. My only guess,is that it is probably a mix of new ones, and those who have been around for awhile looking for attention.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit