Jehovah's Witness Church Release Statement

by truthseekeriam 58 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

When you really analyze this " press release " from the WT Society- it really is unprecedented in their 137 year history since 1879 - I believe. To publicly in a major news publication come out and offer condolences to ANY famous celebrity's friends or family - JW or no JW. At least by name.

My theory is this, two things are happening here I think :

1. WT Society is trying to cast itself in a " positive " light in a PR and marketing way to the public due to the fact that most of any media coverage of the WT organization is always negative- especially with regards to the last several years of WT child abuse scandals making national media either in print or television, or Internet broadcasts.

2. The other point is if in fact he WAS having to rely on subscription pain medicine for his health and refused to get hip surgery due to the " no blood " WT policy- it served as a good excuse for the WT Society to say that they were unaware of Princes condition or health situation- thus exonerating the WT Society of any responsibility for medical decisions Prince might have made for himself.

WT Society comes out appearing scot free to the public of any responsibility for what happened to Prince. In THEIR mind anyway. Kind of how my wife and I see this after talking it over

• myelaine
    myelaine

I tried to say what I could before I was blocked about an hour ago. 0_0. Though they deleted all of my converstion with three different people, I comfort myself with the knowledge that a whole lotta people could have read my comments in the 1 1/2 hours it took panicked readers to get the administrators attention.

https://www.facebook.com/HallsWorldwide/

:)
    All 7 and we'll watch them fall
    They stand in the way of love
    And we will smoke them all
    With an intellect and a savoir-faire
    No one in the whole universe
    Will ever compare
    I am yours now and u are mine
    And together we'll love through
    All space and time, so don't cry
    One day all 7 will die
    Will ever compare
    One day all 7 will die

And I saw an angel come down unto me
    In her hand she holds the very key
    Words of compassion, words of peace
    And in the distance an army's marching feet (1,2,3,4 - 1,2,3,4)
    But behold, we will watch them fall

And we lay down on the sand of the sea
    And before us animosity will stand and decree
    That we speak not of love only blasphemy
    And in the distance, 6 others will curse me
    But that's alright, (that's alright)
    4 I will watch them fall(1,2,3,4,5,6,7)

Will ever compare
    One day all 7 will die

[(Just how old)]

And we will see a plague and a river of blood
    And every evil soul will surely die in spite of
    Their 7 tears, but do not fear
    4 in the distance, 12 souls from now
    U and me will still be here - we will still be here

There will be a new city with streets of gold
    The young so educated they never grow old
    And a, there will be no death 4 with every breath
    The voice of many colors sings a song
    That's so bold
    Sing it while we watch them fall

Will ever compare
    One day all 7 will die

(Just how old)
    (Just how old)
    (Just how old)

love michelle
  • violias
    violias
    I did notice this statement did not include the words " in good standing...".
  • myelaine
    myelaine
    If he wasn't "in good standing" the WT statement will make even less sense from a "loyal" JW's perspective, would it not?
  • violias
    violias
    Possibly but reading it , still they do leave out those very important words they are so fond of using.
  • violias
    violias

from usa today, Prince funeral was small and private.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2016/04/23/death-of-prince-what-we-know-day-3/83435092/

Prince's sister Tyka Nelson stands to inherit $300M from Prince's death under Minnesota intestacy laws, since he didn't have a will. [5]

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/prince-quietly-cremated-no-fuss-no-drama-autopsy-article-1.2612318

• kairos
    kairos

How did he get a free pass on the 'tight pants', cuz that's all he wore...

---

Actually, this situation is going to leave trail of bad publicity on WT forever.

With the internet and the ability to comment on news and social media, no JW apologist will be able to defend against the flood of commentary about the cult that Prince was a member. Do you really think Prince would be as popular as he was if the general public knew what he thought of worldly people and their impending death at Harm-u-gettin' ?

This is going to be huge.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Prince would not be a good choice for any religious organization as a self supporting moniker or representative. ..

There were probably a few raised eye brows and talk when he showed up at a KH or a Assembly.

With the engaging conscious thought " Oh No Not Him "

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

Tight pants Tony's head is about to explode from watching all the news clips of Prince, strutting around in 4 inch heels, and pants so tight they made him sing like a girl.

R.I.P Prince, your death may very well be the biggest domino that's heading towards the collapse of the WTS.

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

Private Cremation attended by "Bro" Larry Graham ......Sly move ! .......

Bro Rogers was not a "nice" person to Bro Michael J at the time when MJ was doing the "Bad" album? and had invited Symbol to duet with him - Which Prince turned down with a bit of contempt.

Some more here: fyi

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/princes-longtime-keyboardist-talks-rumored-rivalry-michael-jackson/story?id=38619160

Nevertheless I hold his musicality in high regard = Who the heck am I to be judge of his persona !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit