Jehovah's Witness Church Release Statement

by truthseekeriam 58 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I never take anything at face value.. You may know these things already :

Just saw Larry Graham on the news at Prince's cremation. He was interviewed ,in a purple hat . Larry's life story appeared in the Awake in the 80's..he of Sly & the Family Stone. Larry's website attests to his J W faith. He is a musician & J W of repute

David A Semonian is a proper J W spokesperson who's name appears frequently on the J W.Org site news releases & comments .

So, doubt not.....

• Angharad
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

How ironic.....It will be the money from Prince that bails out the society from its monetary woes and court settlements!

Sad, but Ironic.

And witnesses will claim "it was Jehovah's guidance and blessings" that made it possible....

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    This comes as it emerged the Purple Rain star was cremated in secret on Friday - in accordance with Jehovah’s Witness tradition that a person’s body must be cremated within a week of death.

You can't really go by what they say in the media.....they always get something skewed.
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I saw that same thing about cremated within a week, never heard that one before.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

flipper - "... The other point is if in fact he WAS having to rely on subscription pain medicine for his health and refused to get hip surgery due to the 'no-blood' WT policy- it served as a good excuse for the WT Society to say that they were unaware of Princes condition or health situation- thus exonerating the WT Society of any responsibility for medical decisions Prince might have made for himself. ..."

Holy shit, I never thought of that.

If he ODed on pain meds, 'cause he couldn't have needed surgery, 'cause the surgery would have required a forbidden transfusion...

...then the WTS is responsible for the death of a major celebrity, multimillionaire, and cultural icon.

:hushed:

• Landy
    Landy

I saw that same thing about cremated within a week, never heard that one before.

It was the Daily Wail. Don't expect anything it says to be in any way accurate. Ever.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

One of prince's last CD's purchased was a gospel album!!!

Gotta love it. he may have been a JW but he was his own man.

https://www.yahoo.com/music/last-six-cds-prince-purchased-184135531.html

The last albums Prince purchased were:

• Talking Book by Stevie Wonder
    • The Time Has Come by Chambers Brothers
    • Heijra by Joni Mitchell
    • Inspirational Gospel Classics by Swan Silvertones
    • The Best of Missing Persons by Missing Persons
    • Santana IV by Santana
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    It will be interesting to see if Wt embrace him or start trying to distance themselves from him. If they end up benefactors of his will, how do they explain away the tainted money. Personally I don't think they are in a financial position to refuse it either. I would love to see them inherit that volt of un-released music, just to see what they do and the spin they can put on it. As someone has pointed out by not including the words "in good standing" and that they were "un-aware of his medical condition" they maybe already trying to wash their hands of him. Personally I think if they do get a prince pay out it may cause more problems than it could solve.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit