Is the JW Broadcasting having good results for the Org?

by thewalker 25 Replies latest jw friends

• pbrow
    pbrow

I would agree with the rest.

Hearing the name Russell, Rutherford or Franz has a sense of mystery and awe for the dubs. Those men were SOOOOOO spiritual! They had to be! Look at all the spiritual truths they wrote. Seeing them at a convention had a sense of spiritual enlightement and a rarified air for rank and file dubs. Hearing their voices on cassette tapes or cd's was a treat! Their rare physical presence was their strength.

Now these fucktards are parading themselves in front of all of us on a regular basis. They are showing themselves to be the exact same overpowering, condescending and insecure men that are in the everyday dub's congregation. They are losing the mystery of being the "governing body" and turning themselves into everyday asshat elders.

The current governing body is one of our best assets in waking up the semi-conscious class.

pbrow

• sir82
    sir82

From my perspective:

Over here in the USA, the program is generally a hit with those who worship all things Watchtower anyway - it is just another altar for them to prostrate themselves before.

For the apathetic JWs, well, they continue to be apathetic about the broadcasts as well.

I can easily imagine the culturally ignorant GB not understanding how stupid and tacky they appear to Europeans. Heck, they appear stupid and tacky to me, and I'm not European!

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I agree with several of the posters about how absolutely dumbass these broadcasts make the gb members appear! Even my uber wife sometimes makes disparaging remarks about these presentations.

One thing that non American audiences need to understand is that the wtbts is an American religion. They rest of you are step children in their view.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    If anything, these broadcasts make them look weirder and more weird.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Some brothers have told me it's embarrassing to watch

That's what my elderly mother says. She especially thinks Lett is freaky.

Hell, I'm even embarrassed and I don't give a shit about JWs and their reputation anymore.

Doc

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I don't mind getting dislikes for my posts but I'm honestly perplexed by that last one. Lol, maybe some tacky American took exception to my conjunction of the words 'tacky' and 'American'.

I gave you a "LIKE" to make up for it, Nic.

If anyone thinks "tacky" and "American" shouldn't be found together in a sentence, they haven't seen all the photos of shoppers in WalMart.

Image result for shoppers in walmart

Doc

• freddo
    freddo

Certainly having good results my way. You may recall the uber-pioneer sister sneering at the dancing trolley cart; but get this -

In 2014 the school overseer in our hall "stepped aside/got removed" from being elder. He's quietly continued since as a "brother in good standing" being used to read/pray.

I asked him if he has ever thought about serving as an appointed man again and we got onto the jw broadcast about the overlapping generation explanation and he said:

"Freddo, when you can show me an overlapping generation in the bible without using a made-up flipchart I'll think about serving as an elder again. Until then I'll stay as I am."

I grinned and said "I don't suppose Jesus had one of those on the mount of Olives!".

He smiled ...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Yes.

In fact, I think it's been the best thing for both the GB and us.

x

They've found their true calling... televangelists...

...and we now have concrete proof that they're no different from televangelists.

:smirk:

• Calebs Airplane
  • xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

I agree with sir82 ...

I think the diehards love it. They see it as a gift from Jah. Especially is this true of elderly ones and those that are infirm and cannot come to the meetings regularly. I think that may be a sub-plot here. The broadcast is a way to stay in front of (and get donations from) the "at-home-faithful".

As far as the front lines here in my congregation in USA, there's not all that much chatter about the broadcasts. The younger generation finds it ridiculous. I am an elder. I have watched one complete episode since the thing started. Same for my wife.(that was the money-grab episode). I am fully awake. The wife is not, but probably sees some of the points I make more than she admits.

It wouldn't surprise me if she found the broadcast faith-weakening and avoids it for that reason. But honestly, we are busy working professionals and simply don't have time nor care about sitting in front of a corny broadcast. It is hosted by men 20-40 years older than us and seems to be written for the elderly or other slower thinking witnesses. It has zero appeal to our generation or younger. That is my opinion. I'm late Gen-X, she's early Millennial, btw.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit