We in the UK are dealing with COVID all wrong

by LoveUniHateExams 37 Replies latest social current

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

but there is far more going on

oooh a conspiracy theory coming up--do tell us more.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I said this in a post earlier in this thread, and stand by it: " the Government are not dealing with Covid in any sensible way, they are now hoping the various Vaccines will extract them from the mire, which is to a great extent of their own making.

Throughout the last year the Government have been obsessed with keeping the Economy running, as opposed to saving lives. Their measures have been consistently too little and too late, and they are still doing it, delaying closing/controlling our borders FFS ! we are an Island, it would be as easy for us to implement as N.Z and Australia have. Even now, the proposed quarantining only applies to a List of Travellers from 33 Countries, of the four Countries to record the highest recent upsurge in Covid cases, only one is on that list ! Why ?

An inept and dithering Prime Minister and Cabinet is not what you want when you need decisive, strong leadership, and decisions made ASAP.

• perdurabo
    perdurabo

Stan...if you can't see it yourself by now...that there is MUCH MORE GOING ON.....whatever I say will bounce off you like truth to a JW.....you have your paradigm...and I have mine.....

THIS IS ALL PLANNED.....they are bringing down the "old" in order to usher in the new.

What phizzy sees as "incompetence"....(keystone cops type behaviour)...I see as "DELIBERATE".

"In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way."

Roosevelt

• Earnest
    Earnest

perdurabo : In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way." - Roosevelt

There are no records of Roosevelt having made that statement. The earliest use of it is found in the 1971 conspiracy theory book None Dare Call it Conspiracy by Gary Allen and Larry Abraham.

In the second chapter:

Every conspirator has two things in common with every other conspirator. He must be an accomplished liar and a far-seeing planner. Whether you are studying Hitler, Alcibiades, Julius Caesar or some of our contemporary conspirators, you will find that their patient planning is almost overwhelming. We repeat FDR's statement: "In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way."

It is curiously convenient that the first appearance of a conspiracy-endorsing statement attributed to FDR should be in a conspiracy-endorsing book.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Earnest It is curiously convenient that the first appearance of a conspiracy-endorsing statement attributed to FDR should be in a conspiracy-endorsing book.

Very interesting. I think folks don't realise that even conspiracy theorists often have an angle/ hidden agenda....most usually a *book and/or career to sell!

*documentary/website etc

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Stan...if you can't see it yourself by now...that there is MUCH MORE GOING ON.....whatever I say will bounce off you like truth to a JW.....you have your paradigm...and I have mine.....

does your paradigm come with any evidence or proof ?

are you seriously suggesting that most nations on the planet have some hidden agenda involving this virus ? And that those countries that have resorted to a lockdown have done so knowing the massive risk to their economy ?

Isnt it more boringly honest to accept its yet another plague-?-like so many before it--that has bought catastrophic repercussions but will eventually either burn itself out or be brought under control by vaccination.

• perdurabo
    perdurabo

Earnest....soz.....what was I thinking?

Governments don't plot....or conspire......or blackmail....that's criminal type behaviour...right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8BJptvxCl8

Diogenesister....is that the same argument as...."Apostates just want to take people away from Jehovah....seeking others to follow them?"....but we know different....do we not?

What gets me......is that ex-JW's...using that type of labelling

I've got nothing to sell you....believe that...

Stan.....the proof is all around you....if you cannot see it....or others here cannot see it...and think this is ONLY about a virus.....

• perdurabo
    perdurabo

P.s.....thats a weird statue behind him....is it not?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit