Our fade-gossip-elders calling

by All for show 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    At least 50% of the population is of the opposite sex, oh my God to be seen in public with one. The world must be coming to an end, great tribulation must be upon us. The opposite sex, how could your husband. Ohhhhh.
  • Virgochik
    Virgochik

Such petty, mean spirited, vicious beotches! They were assuming the worst and couldn't wait to spread the news. Real nice. If they thought your husband was doing something improper, they should've put themselves in your shoes and handled it with kindness, or better yet, minded their business. Why couldn't it occur to them that he was having a meeting over lunch, and others were joining them? It's always Oh My God, look! with these gossip queens.

They sure aren't true friends. I wouldn't give them the time of day.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

The idiot sister should have approached your husband first.

matt. 18 = the most ignored scripture & most violated rule in the bOrg

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

I remember a similar story from my old hall, that happened many years ago. It was the same thing, some "sisters" saw a married brother out in public, including dinner, with a woman that wasn't his wife.

Mind you, the brother was in "good standing", but he was a nicer looking man, with a slightly less attractive wife. Looking back, i think it was that reason, as to why the gossip and assumption happened. In other words, this "brother" HAD to be cheating with another woman, cause he was just sooo nice looking, but his wife was just "average".

This ridiculous attitude led to the "sisters" going to the elders, and the elders approaching the "brother" about it.

WELL, guess what, the "other woman", was the brothers SISTER. She was visiting from out of town, and he was taking his fleshly sister for a tour of the city.

Needless to say, this action, judging, and ASSUMPTIONS, of those "evil" gossiping "sisters", REALLY stumbled this brother, and his poor wife. So much so, that they are no longer in the BORG, and havnt been for quite a few years.

So, this kind of shit, happens all the time in the borg, and it seems that it doesnt even matter if you are "active", in good standing, or "inactive". The gossiping, slander, and malice, is so prevalent in the Halls, its almost like they are a breeding ground for it.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    To respond to them would give them the idea that you still view them as having some authority over you. I'd keep on ignoring them and if they finally do confront you in person somehow, give them the blankest look you can come up with and the vaguest answers you can muster. No explanations no excuses no apologies.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Dunedain: WELL, guess what, the "other woman", was the brothers SISTER.

That happened to me once.

People really need to learn to mind their own fucking business.

It was actually pretty funny watching the idiot that was accusing me of impropriety squirm when I turned the tables and pointed out that he was a paranoid, suspicious meddler.

• All for show
    All for show
    I wish my husband would say any of the above. He hasn't said how he would/will handle it. He is so busy he is hardly home or answers a phone so hard to catch. He will give them an answer if they ask- nonchalant is my guess, but my wish is for him to tell them to shove it. Im more upset because of a lifetime of indoctrination vs him.
  • blondie
    blondie
    I was accused of having an assignation with my brother...he had a fit...some gossipy bitch...I had no ring and my brother did...so the story was even worse....never an apology either.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

I love Giordano `s idea , but make sure to name those who could be sued .

smiddy

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

There was a CO talk years ago called "beware of imputing wrong motives"

It specifically used an example of a brother being accused of smoking and walking with a worldly women who was wearing a mini skirt....

He was accused of those"crimes"

The reality? He was walking on the sidewalk, while holding his pen in his mouth briefly. At the same time he walked past a lady on the same sidewalk.

BUT, the sister that reported him, just happened to be driving past at the exact time he was in stride with that lady as he overtook her, and had his pen in his mouth!

so the talk was intended to stop witnesses jumping to wrong conclusions!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit