My cat died suddenly!

by Fisherman 46 Replies latest jw friends

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Oh, Fisherman, I missed this post! I am so sorry to hear you lost your buddy!

Cats hide illness well and losing them unexpectedly is unfortunately all too common. Please don't blame yourself. You loved and gave your little buddy a good life. A very lucky little cat to have such a loving owner.

I have several of my feline friends buried in the back garden. I don't think I could ever stand to sell this house.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

I am very humbled when I read such loving words of comfort and support and human understanding from everyone, .. and the quote from Macbeth, the info about Leukemia from Zeb.. and from Flipper and on the way out and mephis... and everyone, and all of your posts that I continue to read with a feeling of comfort.. and I exclaim in my heart:The humanity! Thank you. I feel so embarrassed. It feels like receiving a surprise wonderful gift feeling not worthy of it.

• kaik
    kaik
    Pets are part of your family. Their death is loss that causes sorrow. When my cat of 18 years died, It hurt. I had a tears in my eyes as he was dying in my lap while struggling for last breath and his eyes fixed on mine. He is buried in my garden in plastic container wrapped in white sheet with his favorite toy, bowl, and brush. I have an angel statue on that spot and white calla lilies planted around it.
  • DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

It's amazing how deeply connected we can become with these incredible critters! I remember each and everyone of my kitties and, their names. I still miss them! My first was a tough cat, named, Tiger, he was a yellow tiger tabby, that was in who knows how many fights. Sadly we lost him in the big earthquake in 1964. I always believed he like so many, pets just got lost, and took up with another family, just like he adopted ours!

My older sister had a cat that lived 23 years. During those years her health slowly went from ruff to rea2bad. Her baby, just seemed to know and understand. Anytime she was in bad shape, he would not leave her side for days, except for, have to moments. He died a few weeks before she did. The bond between them was incredible. Sadly I will always believe, his passing, was such a loss to her, that her will to live, what little she had left ended, with his passing!

Dwain

• talesin
    talesin

Hi, (((fisherman))). I am so sorry for your loss of your feline friend. My gurl died just 2 years ago last month, and I still catch myself thinking she will run into the room. She was my family. It sounds like perhaps FUS (Feline Urinary Syndrome), which a lot of cats get because of the kibble. They will cry at the litter, and sometimes have incontinence.

It's so hard to lose that one, who loves you unconditionally, in a way that no person every will. RIP dear kitty, you are no longer in pain. My heart is with you, fisherman. xo tal

• Mandrake
    Mandrake
    Cats are Very loving creatures that deeply attach to its owner. I love mine so much and he's been sick these days (an abscess), so I understand your grief, I have also lost cats in the past, just try to have the best memories with your cat in your mind and heart!
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Fisherman I am so sorry for your loss, I know what it's like. Every day afterwards, you look around at all your pet's favorite places but they are not there. I would strongly recommend getting another cat soon. They will not replace the one you lost, but it will occupy your mind, and another cat needs your home and your love, and you have an empty space to fill. .♥

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit