My cat died suddenly!

by Fisherman 46 Replies latest jw friends

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Thank you magnum, but Lizzie survived and is back to being her devilish self.
  • Magnum
    Magnum
    LisaRose, great! I'm so glad I was mistaken in reading your post!
  • truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam
    So sorry:( Our animals are part of our family and when we lose them it's truly heartbreaking for us all. My thoughts are with you.
  • flipper
    flipper

So sorry, fisherman. What a heartbreak to lose your sweet kitty. Wish

you the best. Take care.

Mrs. F

• Virran
    Virran

I'm so sorry for your loss, it's terrible. It really rips your heart out.

When my then 13 year old cat got sick, she started to withdraw. She was hiding under the bed, didn't eat anymore and she was also vomiting a lot. And her breathing was laboured too, it was like she was air hungry.

It was on a weekend and we drove her to an open vet clinic. There they told us she was jaundice, had yellow gums and eyes. They x-rayed her and it turned out she had a large mass on her liver, most likely a malignant tumor. She was so sick and miserable we decided then and there to put her out of her misery. We definetly didn't want to put her through uncertain cancer treatments. She was put to sleep for good in my lap and we cried like babies.

I "saw" her in the corner of my eyes for a long time after at home. The emptiness was so huge and I felt like I had amputated a big part of me. I still think of her and the joy she brought us all even though this was over ten years ago.

I'm sorry for you your friend passed in such way and I hope you have loved ones to get support from now. And I also hope one day the sadness will lift and you can cherish all the wonderful memories your cat gave you without feeling the weight of a heavy grief.

Big hug to you.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I`m sorry Fisherman and feel your loss , I had a toy poodle and a cat , both for about 16 years that co-existed together before they passed , I have never known sorrow like that and hope I never have to experience it again .

My thoughts are with you.

smiddy

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

How much emotional support and and empathy and understanding and encouragement and kind words from everyone!

Thank you. I did not expect it.

• chicken little
    chicken little
    So sorry to hear you have lost your cherished pet, it is also a terrible shock to see him die before your eyes and you can do nothing to help. Hope your memories will be a comfort. Many people who do not have pets find it hard to understand just how attached we become and how awful it is to lose them.
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

My condolences, Fisherman. I know how this can hurt.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.......Image result for losing a pet cat...https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/cd/c6/c5/cdc6c5cdd51696170601871083df6254.jpg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit