The Trump Era commences

by ZAPPA-ESQUE 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Zappa-Esque - "The Trump Era commences..."

...and at no time did Ashton Kutcher make an appearance.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

Trump is like a teenage girl's boyfriend. The more the parents point out his flaws, the more she loves him. Let him break their hearts a few times and we'll see what happens.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ spoletta...

That's... perceptive.

Works on more than one level, too.

• Simon
    Simon
    Everyone has labels and gets labeled. Again what is with the zero sum game. I believe many who voted for Obama and then Trump are uninformed. By their actions they prove so. If all the people that voted for Obama and then Trump would have voted for Hillary she would be President.

So if they had, would they have earned the "informed" label?

I don't think you understand what a zero sum game is. An election is a text-book example:

"In game theory and economic theory, a zero-sum game is a mathematical representation of a situation in which each participant's gain or loss of utility is exactly balanced by the losses or gains of the utility of the other participants."

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Let him break their hearts a few times and we'll see what happens - by all means.

Let's protest and criticise Trump for his policy proposals and what he does; let's not protest against him simply for being Trump.

TBH, it comes off as desperate and childish, with a possible questionable sense of perspective thrown in for good measure.

If protestors keep 'crying wolf' (protesting over the trivial), people might not listen when a real wolf turns up (i.e. when Trump does something really bad that's worth protesting about).

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Simon...

From what I've seen, US politics takes the whole zero-sum thing to the nth level...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit