The Trump Era commences

by ZAPPA-ESQUE 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

SBF, thanks for sharing the Scottish poem. That young lass from NZ gives some great insights on our American politics and our new president.

Since his late mother immigrated from Scotland, it might strike a nostalgic chord if he heard Lorna's reading of her poem.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

She's from Kilmarnock. The competition she won was in New Zealand.

Apparently I missed the end, which is the best bit. A reference to Scottish politics.

So USA, in ma conclusion,
    Know we Scots feel your confusion:
    We are also chained ti those
    Not of oor choosin’.
    Stand firm fur unity will break
    Through Trump’s delusion.

I am loath to link such a unionist rag but here it is for the rest of the poem and recited.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/scotland-now/burns-inspired-comic-lament-walloper-9637480

• waton
    waton
    Melania looks nice doesn't she?

yeah, more decorative than Elenore, or Mamie. , more in line with the contemporay Royals. I wonder how the two met?

six languages? let her translate for her husband with Putin and Merkel.

• never a jw
    never a jw

His presidency will be better than left wingers anticipate, but not as good as right wingers predict. Most of his controversial promises were pure demagoguery, not much to worry about.

He is unprepared to be president??, so were most presidents, and somehow we made it through. We will be fine. Pendulums always come back from their highest positions.

• zeb
    zeb

don't recall where I read that there are 7 levels of security above the president..

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Trump has the football and the biscuit. Layers of security above? We wish.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

A quote from Wikipedia to send shivers down your spine.

Journalist Ron Rosenbaum has pointed out that the operational plan for nuclear strike orders is entirely concerned with the identity of the commanding officer and the authenticity of the order, and there are no safeguards to verify that the person issuing the order is actually sane.[10] Notably, Major Harold Hering was discharged from the Air Force for asking the question "How can I know that an order I receive to launch my missiles came from a sane president?"[11]
  • jaydee
    jaydee

Ah,...didn't life seem easier back then......

Image result for lock her up

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

never a jw

His presidency will be better than left wingers anticipate, but not as good as right wingers predict. Most of his controversial promises were pure demagoguery, not much to worry about.

Right Wingers will be happy to have just a few of their dreams fulfilled and the anticipation of Left Wingers is plenty accurate short of nuclear war with Russia.

Trump is being puppeteered by his VP and his staff who will make the important decisions for him. The people he has placed in office are horrendous to anyone who knows the most basic thing about the alt-right.

He is unprepared to be president??, so were most presidents, and somehow we made it through. We will be fine. Pendulums always come back from their highest positions.

I think that the gulf between Trump's unpreparedness and those who are much better than he is gross just by virtue of his character. He will learn nothing from his Presidency just as he has learned nothing of importance from the human race.

As for the pendulum swinging, just imagine it heading straight for you as in a ball breaker.

No, we will not be fine.

• baker
    baker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSS22imzxgU

The fireworks were great to watch, or was it protests. Did Obama pardon Hillary? I remember in my work coming across an old lady, that was almost as histerical as some are now , when Obama was elected in 2008. She said he was the anti christ and in her own way thought it was the end of the world. We did ok under Obama and we will do ok with this character, If he gets off course, they can impeach him, and this time congress won't be afraid to impeach because voters won't call them racists. I think it is time for the pendalum to swing back, to give the other side time to regroup and re troup.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit