The Elders are Coming Help!

by LaurenM 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LaurenM
    LaurenM
    So the elders keep bugging me and pestering me about having a meeting with them to "introduce me to my new congregation" for some reason (Do any ex elders know what that even means??). I keep postponing and making excuses and they are getting more and more aggressive. I finally agreed for them to come over today, but really don't want to..should I hide from them again? How can I make them just go away? I haven't been to the meetings in like two months so that's probably what it's about but idk.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

What?!?!?! That's dumb. Just ignore them.

DD

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    If you don't want them there, tell them that you are doing fine. Tell them to leave their phone #'s and if you need them you will contact them. We had the same thing happen to us. Once you let them in, they will not stop. They are persistent little buggers. You are in control, DO NOT give them the control. They are snooping around.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Tell them to organize a congregation picnic, then don't show up.

DD

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    Did you recently move? Do you have reason to think they have something on you? What they said isnt code for anything. Have you been not going to meetings for a while? It may be just part of there -finding the lost sheep- kick. Do you know if the CO has just visited or is about to visit?
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    They have no power over you, and you don't owe them anything. If they ask you a question, "I don't want to talk about it" is a perfectly valid response. Tell them you appreciate their concern, but that it's unfounded. If you need anything from, you'll let them know.
  • the girl next door
    the girl next door
    Block and screen phonecalls. Never pick up, never return messages. Check out your windows before leaving the house. Install a webcam pointing out the window and check the driveway before you come home.(use ICam app) They will eventually give up.
  • nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    Play dead and they will just sniff you and move on
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Another poster mentioned something a few months ago which would help. They mentioned along the line of make an appointment with them to come over to your place. Then an hour or so before they come just call the main elder who is persistant and tell him you have been called in to work on short notice or you may want to tell him you have to go to the hospital or something. Then after you've done that, just tell him to postpone the visit until a later time.
  • Quarterback
    Quarterback

You do what they do on Halloween. Turn the lights out, and remain silent. Then they'll go on to trick or treat someone else.

But, usually when you tell them not to come should work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit