If JW is not the truth, then what is the true religion?

by TxNVSue2023 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

@TxNVSue2023

Most of us have gone through that journey. When I first stopped attending, I still thought the Org was the truth, though I saw holes in the doctrine, and I asked the same question of who else is better.

Then eventually I came to the conclusion JWs were not the truth, and there was probably no true religion, but I believed in God, so I decided I would go to a non-denomination church that only taught the bible.

Then I realized it didn't make sense to just assume the Bible was truth, because the only reason I believed in it was because I had been born in the West. If I had been born in the middle east I probably woudn't, so I decided I had to take a step back and stop assuming and actual question the teachings of the bible.

Finally after some years of this journey, I had no resort but to finally admit there was no real holy book, and no evidence that God even exists.

• Maria Nieves
    Maria Nieves

TxNVSue2023,

If Jehovah’s Witness are the true religion, why did the religion start in the late 1800? I think that if the Jehovah Witness religion were to be the true religion, then the religion would have been around since the beginning of time? Also, the Jehovah Witness’ Bible is one that has been rewritten. If a Bible has been rewritten, how do we know that the information it contains is accurate or whether there is information that has been omitted?

Can anyone please answer my questions because I would really like to know?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

It should be noted that all bibles are rewritten when translated. JWs started with the King James and proved some basic tenets. Adding Jehovah was probably mostly correct.

Adding details and application is where all religions go wrong. As I already posted, the Golden Rule is a good standard, James has the better take on applying it

Humanity at it's best can be found and quoted in select places whether Bible, Koran, Mark twain, will rogers. The worst can also be found; meanness, lust, pettiness, selfishness etc.

Witnesses fall very short on actual love which is their claim of Christianity

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

Post JWBorg for some be like some lyrics from "Hate Myself for Lovin You"...

"I think of you every night and day

You took my heart, and you took my pride away

I hate myself for loving you

Can't break free from the the things that you do

I wanna walk but I run back to you

That's why I hate myself for loving you

Daylight, spent the night without you

But I've been dreamin' 'bout the lovin' you do

I'm over being angry 'bout the hell you put me through"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjrWw0h1qeo

Christ is the one the Bible tells us to follow. When he gets here, he will set everything straight. Until then, he tells his followers "hold fast what you have until I come."

• Syme
    Syme

Dear brother,

Jesus was very specific when we told his disciples that he would be with them ALL days until the end of times. This discards any "Great Apostasy" theory. Combine this with the fact that just as the 12 apostles were ordained by the Holy Spirit, similarly the episcopes were ordained by the Apostles and thus by the Holy Spirit, and this was to continue (As Paul instructs Timothy, who was ordained by him, to ordain other episcopes in turn.) Thus, you must find which Church has a continuous existence from 33 AD to 2023 AD, and at the same time continues the apostolic succession, uninterrupted.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Troll or not, I’ve found the advice given here to be beneficial to myself and self confirming as to why I left.

After leaving the JWs I decided to investigate other churches. LDS, Christian Science, Iglesia ni Christo etc. The one that really stood out to me was the Christadelphian church. I was absolutely blown away, with the exception on a few points, that I was able to use JW doctrine and JW speak, and they knew exactly what I was talking about. I would invite you to do the same.

I am someone who is still Christian but now attends another denomination. I see everlasting life, that’s heavenly, been more determined by relationship rather than organisational. As some one stated here, I too cheated on my field service report. I really done FS as a means of compliance rather than an act of serving God. Meetings were the same. I now worship with spirit and truth. So was I a better Christian as a JW or not as a JW. You decide.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

@joe134cd

Iglesia ni Christo

why that one ?

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I attended the Iglesia ni Christo. For about 6 months. There has a lot been said about the InC on JW forums over the years, as there are striking similarities between both groups. Due to Felix Manalo, the founder, connections with the JWs in his early life. Many JW/Adventist concepts he borrowed and adopted into his church. I really wanted to investigate this group from the perspective of understanding my JWisim. Tbh I found the culture in the InC to be more controlling than the JWs e.g blocked out windows, a card system to track those attending, and the cash I saw been handed over was breathtaking. What sadend me was most of this money was coming from new immigrants who could least afford to give.

• moley
    moley

There is no God, so no true religion

• SydBarrett
    SydBarrett

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jbNnsiP4Rhg?si=xWBvR_xpNL0vyF9R" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit