If JW is not the truth, then what is the true religion?

by TxNVSue2023 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Samcats, first you tell her not to think herself a member of a club and then you tell her to beat the club doors down so she can get it.

• Ding
    Ding

The OP seems to equate "the true religion" with an organization.

That's a big mistake.

But even if you conclude it must mean that, then please read Captives of a Concept by Don Cameron.

It completely debunks the WT's claim that Jesus was impressed with the spiritual food it was dispensing in 1918-1919 and therefore chose to appoint it to be his faithful and discreet slave.

• Magnum
    Magnum
    Samcats: You're not going to get any balanced responses here. Only negative ones.

People on this site have probably tired of my mention of what I'm about to bring up, but, the situation calls for it, so I am impelled to mention it.

Your words are an example of argumentum ad hominem, a fallacy in informal logic. You merely addressed negatively the other party in the argument and provided no argument yourself. People who have no argument and/or who lack the intellect to formulate an argument use such tactics.

Where is your argument? What is the substance of it? Your only point is your statement that people here are not balanced and they are negative. You just simply attacked the other party with no argument to back up that attack. You didn't provide one single tiny piece of evidence.

I provided much evidence and reason in my previous post. You didn't address or try to counter any of that; you merely stated that people here are not balanced and are negative. That is really weak.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MAGNUM:

Don’t you know the definition of ‘negativity’ according to Jehovah’s Witnesses?🤣

It is talking about real life important things in the world and/or mentioning anything bad or off about the religion and the people - no matter how true or widespread. I always felt I had to do a major number on my brain and be in DENIAL about anything and everything there. It’s all about lying to yourself and suppressing things.

I couldn’t do this.. Maybe SAMCATS and other JWs can.. Well, let them.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

TxNVSue2023: Anyway so if you belive JW is NOT the truth, then what religion do you belive is?

I don't believe that there is one, but that is in part because we've spent thousands of years trying to figure it out, and the best we can do is several major religions that are split into tens of thousands of denominations, many of which insist that they have the most truthy truth or the only truth. If billions of people over thousands of years can't figure it out, maybe there isn't a way to figure it out. Or, alternatively, there isn't one.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Yes, Charles Russell found out the truth when he said an organization is totally unnecessary ( for believing in God and being approved of Him).

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

There is no "true religion."

All religions are based on the imaginations of humans around the world trying to answer the WHY of existence.

I am an atheist.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

First of all, no where are we told to seek a specific association of believers. But over and over Jesus said "Come to me" :

Luk_14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Joh_5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Joh_6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

That last scripture indicates that you would have gotten better treament from Jesus than you did at the KH. Maybe try what Jesus said to do first, before trying to find a place to go.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3
    TxNVSue2023

What makes you think there is a "true" religion in existence ? Can`t your brain comprehend that there doesn`t have to be a religion that is true ?

They could be all false / fake.

Religion ,and I mean all faiths of religion not just Christianity ,could very well be a concept of man as another way to control human thinking .

If people do wrong they can be prosecuted ,fined jailed ,punished by the secular authorities , whereas religion see`s you being punished by a GOD even in the after-life ,once you have died for evermore ,it`s just another way of controlling humans to be good and not be a problem to other humans or the governments.

It`s not just Christianity that doesn`t have the true religion ,no other faiths in the world have either.

Take care sue ,and please think,..... use your brain.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Atheist

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit