YMCA ? Are we allowed to go there or not?

by Quarterback 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparky1
    sparky1

I think if they have a library it is all right. Just apply for a Y.M.C.A. library card and there will be no questions asked.

• talesin
    talesin
    just get the day pass once a year to take my girls to "halloween horror night" at a local amusement park. Bus ride, dinner and drinks. That shouldn't stumble anyone, should it?

AHAHAHAHA, like this?

t :sunglasses:

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

OMG, We have some in our cong that are instructors, and seniors that are members because of the good senior rates, and it's in walking distance. The only complainer is a rebellious bearded guy that wants justice.

I didn't know that half of my cong are appostates.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    Thanks for your comments. everyone, and the research TGND
  • talesin
    talesin

Oh, the horror! :P

• Sail Away
    Sail Away
    Strictly forbidden-- no YMCA memberships or yoga in my former congo on NE Coast, USA. Some of the pioneer sisters who were putting on weight from riding around in cars all day in between coffee breaks were sorely tried by these restrictions. It was an issue. Some went ahead and took yoga anyway. I was never one to rat anyone out.
  • Sail Away
    Sail Away
    Double post-- cell phone.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    It probably depends a lot on your gestapo elder group too.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    they are not upheld by the true God, who told his servants: "Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers. . . . Therefore get out from among them, and separate yourselves." (2 Cor. 6:14-17)

Boy I'm slow. It's literally taken me 40 years to see the absurdity of the JW take on 2 Cor 6.14. They were talking about becoming yolked with PAGANS, NOT CHRISTIANS. Oh yes, I must NEVER go to the YMCA, I might meet a...,er...Christian!!! I cannot believe how barmy it is!!!!

IF...you ACCEPT the ransome sacrifice of Christ you are...wait for it....a Christian!!

So what if some of the doctrine you may have confused or different...NOONE is a perfect Christian!!!How did I allow those cruel dividers of men turn me against other proffessed Christians, after all I cannot read someone else's heart & mind who was I to judge!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    We can go wherever we want, JW's? Not so much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit