YMCA ? Are we allowed to go there or not?

by Quarterback 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• talesin
    talesin
    hahaha, VI .......... exactly! they are legend.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I remember, back in the day, they whispered that is where the homosexuals gathered! The locker rooms were full of them.

Evidently(TM), the more things change, the more they remain the same. At least at some local "Y"s here.

Doc

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

No Zumba either --

Hey... didn't the WTBTS ( or isn't) join the UNGO?? Did they have to take and oath when they did?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Talesin, everytime I have that music in my head I think of elders, dressed just like that and in the Kingdom Hall, dancing and singing the song.
  • talesin
    talesin

That's hilarious, VI! : P

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

the ones in my area are independently owned and operated and have nothing to do with any religious organization. just like Goodwill thrift stores, not run my religious org, they're simply independent neighborhood stores. maybe sort of franchise of sorts. I guess then there are silly nit picky extreme nuts that think its not ok to go to a hospital that has a name on it that starts with a saint? seriously? that might be the only hospital in the whole area. so,because a religious organization does GOOD for strangers, the WT criticized them? where are the Watchtower elementary schools? the Watchtower Gyms? the Watchtower hospitals? the Watchtower soup kitchens? The watchtower donation centers? ect..

why they wont even allow at the kingdom hall to be used for activities . so the building just sits there being used for so little while people are often bored all winter with so little association, a kingdom hall would have make a nice place to go play games and have fun, but noooo, cant do that! gasp! no instead money is spent renting out a building, most likely owned by someone who goes to some church, lol

here is the scripture that says just that thing, that those who do good even if they are not of the same 'cult' , will not loose their reward mark ch 9.

38“Teacher,” said John, “we saw someone driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us.”

39“Do not stop him,” Jesus said. “For no one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me, 40for whoever is not against us is for us. 41Truly I tell you, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to the Messiah will certainly not lose their reward.

just sayin,

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

I know, personally, of a "sister" in my Fathers congregation, who is older and disabled. The YMCA in her area provided FREE physical therapy for her because of her disability and that she was a senior. Mind you, her own health insurance did NOT provide her any more paid therapy, so she looked for it elsewhere. Well, lovingly, she found a place that would provide this care, and for free, doesnt Jehovah bless his worshippers?

Well the answer is NO, or at least not when MEN come in to "dictate" what Jehovah does, because the elders AND the society themselves, said she could NOT go to the YMCA and take advantage of the free care. The reason we KNOW that this came directly from the top, is because she actually sent a letter to Bethel/GB, and told them of her specific situation, and that she needed the care, but did not have the financial means to get it, except thru the FREE care from the YMCA. Well, what did our "loving" mother ORG say, they said NO, that she could NOT go there any longer.

I can tell you, 100 percent, that this is a completely true story, as i personally know the "sister", and have seen with my own eyes, the letter she sent, and the response from the society. It is DISGUSTING how they treat their members, but can hypocritically do whatever THEY want, like joining the UN for "personal" reasons. SCUMBAGS

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Sure, go. Enjoy yourself.

If anyone gives you crap about it say, "First of all, it's none of your f*$king business what I do. But since you're all wound up, let me ask you a question, 'Did you know the WTBTS had a library card at the U.N. for over a decade?'"

Let's review: It's a cult!

You need to stop worrying about what other people think and start thinking for yourself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit