Caleb and Sofia used to brainwash children

by shattered_origins 34 Replies latest social family

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Well he's four months not four years. But still! I agree with everyone above, nip it in the bud. I think it may be time to come out to your mom that you don't plan to stay in the religion. You want the absolute best for your son and the negativity of that religion is a bad influence for children. She's going to have to deal with it sooner or later. Do it while your son is too young to know what's going on. I know it will be painful. :/ But you have your family to protect, and so far they are all on your side. Don't let your mom divide your family.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Please put your baby's psychological well being first, before your Mother's feelings.

He isn't old enough to make a choice, he's counting on you to do that for him.

• bradford
    bradford

My mom (witness) tried to do the same to my nieces (sister is non witness). Soon my 3 year old niece was talking about Jehovah and singing songs.

Bottom line: cartoons work.

My sis put a stop to it right away after asking me if I thought it was a big deal. They are indoctrination techniques to have children accept cult teachings that lay the foundation for all the nonsense to follow it.

• ozbrad
  • Dunedain
    Dunedain

@ - Shattered origins - OR anyone else - I never saw any of the Caleb and Sophia videos, so i have no idea, what they are about, although i can only imagine. What, specifically, did you find was so brainwashing about them? Did anything strike you as really "out there". What are the "themes" of these videos? Do they actually scare kids about armaghedon and stuff like that, and or d they scare kids into thinking the are going to make "jehovah" unhappy. That kind of stuff would be really SICK, if they did that.

Without having to make myself sick to my stomach, by seeing these videos myself, i appreciate whatever anybody could "fill me in", about them, thanks.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Read Village Idiots posts again, he nailed it.
  • vivalavida
    vivalavida

Shattered Origins, I don't post here often but this made me come out of my silence.

I agree that you have to do something to put a stop to this madness. So, I'd like to offer a TECHNICAL SOLUTION to the problem. I don't know whether your husband or you have some technical skills or if you can ask a friend to do this for you.

There is a free DNS service (DNS is like a telephone book that helps your computer find different websites on the internet) that allows you to block dubious websites and you can include specific ones like jw.org.

This way, at least from your computers / tablets / cellphones at home that are connected to your router or WI-FI nobody will be able to go to that website.

The service is called openDNS and you can find it here: https://store.opendns.com/get/home-free

Another option, if you only have ONE family computer, would be to follow these instructions provided you use Windows on your computer.

I know it all sounds very technical, but it is actually not that complicated and once it is setup, it should work without problems. Obviously, if your mom is accessing jw.org on HER own phone without connecting to your WI-FI it won't work. But you could offer access to it, so that every time she walks into your house it connects to your wi-fi and your filtering kicks in.

I see this as another option you could use which would enforce whatever you want in terms of websites.

Just my 2 cents!

Vivalavida

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

I think you have a very "cool" and supportive husband, who told you that you can openly put the blame on him.

I agree that it would be good not to expose your baby to these cartoons.

You could tell your mum that you DON'T WANT YOUR BABY TO WATCH ANY MOVIES, CARTOONS OR TV SHOWS (including Caleb and Sofia).

But then you are just buying time, as the same issue will arise later.

Why not tell your mum what you think of these cartoons? I know some witnesses with kids who also dislike these cartoons.

(By the way one Caleb and Sofia video about how to behave at meetings is a guilt trip for children with the meaning if you don't listen at meetings you are going to die.)

I think for young children it is better anyway not to use TV or videos as a babysitter.

• mommyfirstandalways
    mommyfirstandalways
    These caleb and Sofia videos are one of the many things that helped me wake up. I have little ones and my family does not know about my wake up. My mom plays it for my kids and it drives me crazy. It is such brain washing. If u can't deal with the pressure of being honest with your mom which I totally understand use your hubby as an excuse. Get her sympathy and explain you and hubby are having marital problems and this is just adding to it. Pick and choose your battles. Some are not worth fighting. If u ever get to a place where u don't care if your mom knows how u truly feel come clean. I'm not there yet so I sympathize.
  • Room 215
    Room 215
    What's next? Sophia and Caleb action figures?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit