Remember when HITTING A WOMAN was just WRONG!

by pistolpete 55 Replies latest social current

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

I forgot to include verse 5 of Isaiah 56 (KJV) about eunuchs receiving a blessing from Yahweh/the Lord. In context (Isaiah 56:3-5) it says the following.

"3 Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the Lord, speak, saying, The Lord hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.

4 For thus saith the Lord unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;

5 Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off."

Verse 3 (in its reference to a "dry tree") makes me wonder if the type of eunuchs it speaks of are those who have crushed (or congenitally deformed) testes (or perhaps no testes) and no production of semen.

According to the Bible, Jesus said that in the resurrection there is no marrying for the resurrected ones are like angels. Does that mean that according to the Bible angels are sexless (in the sense of having no procreative powers) and that humans who become resurrected (at least for life in heaven) will also be sexless in the same sense? Matthew 22:29-30 (KJV) says the following.

"29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven."

Paul in Galatians 3:26-29 (KJV) says the following.

"6 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

The Gnostic Christian scripture in the Gospel of Thomas Saying 22 (as translated by Blatz) says the following about the sexes (see http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/thomas/gospelthomas22.html ).

"Jesus saw some infants who were being suckled. He said to his disciples: These infants being suckled are like those who enter the kingdom. They said to him: If we then become children, shall we enter the kingdom? Jesus said to them: When you make the two one, and when you make the inside as the outside, and the outside as the inside, and the upper as the lower, and when you make the male and the female into a single one, so that the male is not male and the female not female, and when you make eyes in place of an eye, and a hand in place of a hand, and a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then shall you enter [the kingdom]."

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    The International Olympic Committee (IOC) Medical Commission now recognizes that the sex hormone levels are a much more relevant factor in determining sex/gender for sport's competitions, than the sex chromosomes. In regards to that note the following from the article.

Fully agree. However this makes the case against even stronger.

The two major points in time humans receive those hormones are in the womb at around 9 weeks and then another "wash"☺️during puberty.

Hence the salient point is whether you experienced a male puberty and this is what makes you male. All the faffing about in the world afterward is not going to mitigate the massive physical advantage such males have.

This includes those intersex "girls" whose genitals are unclear at birth, so are assigned female in developing countries, yet have (usually undescended) testes.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

You can argue about correct gender pronouns, or testosterone levels forever but anyone with an ounce of sanity knows it simply isn't fair.

Example: men's Olympic 100m qualifying time is 10.05 seconds. The fastest time ever run by a woman; 10.45 secs . The womens world record gets beaten thousands of times a year by men.

It opens the door for any man to compete against women. If a bunch of men who rank anywhere in the top 500 of their sport decided to compete as girls, it would close the door to any natural born woman competing in that sport at high levels.

The guy in this situation was a really bad fighter, I read he only had 6 months of training. He was rocked a little at one stage, because he is a bad fighter, but after that he walked through the girls punches and at one stage, almost took her head off with a punch, before choking her out.

Where are all the outraged feminists on this subject??

• Simon
    Simon
    Do you say she won because the man was 25 to 26 years older than her?
    In my memory of the video news footage that I saw as a pre-teen the man who lost was deeply embarrassed that he lost.

Read up more - it was rigged. He beat the top female player in the world with ease in an earlier match and many believe he threw the King match to have his gambling debts to the mob erased.

In 1973, Riggs saw an opportunity to both make money and draw attention to the sport of tennis. He came out of retirement to challenge one of the world's greatest female players to a match, claiming that the female game was inferior and that a top female player could not beat him, even at the age of 55. He challenged Margaret Court, 30 years old and the top female player in the world, and they played on May 13, Mother's Day, in Ramona, California. Riggs used his drop shots and lobs to keep Court off balance;[24][25] his easy 6–2, 6–1 victory in less than an hour landed him on the cover of both Sports Illustrated and Time magazine.[25][26] The match was called the "Mother's Day Massacre".[27]

Riggs had originally challenged Billie Jean King, but she had declined, regarding the challenge as a fatuous gimmick. Following Court's loss to Riggs, King decided to accept his challenge,[28][29] and the two met in the Houston Astrodome on prime time television on Thursday, September 20, in a match billed as The Battle of the Sexes.[6] The oddsmakers and writers favored Riggs;[30] he built an early lead, but King won in straight sets (6–4, 6–3, 6–3) for the $100,000 winner-take-all prize.[7][8]

The ESPN program Outside the Lines[31] made an allegation that Riggs took advantage of the overwhelming odds against King and threw the match to get his debts to the mob erased. The program featured a man who had been silent for 40 years for reasons of self-protection who claimed that he had worked at a country club and heard several members of the mafia talking about Riggs throwing the match in exchange for cancelling his gambling debt to the mob. The program also stated that Riggs' close friend and estate executor Lornie Kuhle vehemently denied Riggs was ever in debt to the mob or received a payoff from them.

In the 2017 film adaptation Battle of the Sexes, Riggs was played by Steve Carell, with Emma Stone as Billie Jean King

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

How people want to identify is not important to me and I can respect it. If you want me to use certain pronouns to describe you I take no issue. How I personally view your biological sex is another matter. There is a difference and to suggest otherwise can have deadly outcomes.

I'm a cardiac RN and males and female present differently when it comes to diagnosing a possible infarction. Though men and women hearts are structurally the same, women likely have less troponin proteins then men. Troponin I proteins are released into the blood stream when the heart is damaged and we use that to determine infarction vs ischemia. (There are other tools also such as ct scan and ekg for st elevation.) Biologicals males and females have different specific lab value we check to determine this. In addition to other tests, a course of action is determined by the medical doctor. I can tell you from experience that it is a difference if that patient will be on an heparin infusion over night or whether the Cath lab will do a heart catherization that night.

In addition to working as a cardiac nurse I also work per diem as an addiction nurse. The focus is for our clients to attend group therapy and proceed with their personal therapy session. The company have two separate dorms on a 25 acre land. Females are in one dorm and males in another. There are no private rooms, it is double occupancy. The company allows men that identify as women to dorm with the females. There have been countless incidence where the transgender females are having sex with the females. Not to mention other issues that arise when you place a biological male with females that have had sexual trauma. All the wikipedia post doesn't counter real world experience. Additionally, for anyone that has completed college will tell you that wikipedia is not an accepted form of reference and would get you a nice F on your paper.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Before I posted my prior comment I read some of the content mentioned in the article about the ESPN program called "Outside the Lines" regarding the allegation that Riggs threw the game, but I didn't include it because it is nothing more than hearsay. Furthermore, notice that the show included a counter claim by saying "The program also stated that Riggs' close friend and estate executor Lornie Kuhle vehemently denied Riggs was ever in debt to the mob or received a payoff from them." Rather than choosing which of two claims to believe I ignored them both, and focused on the fact of the televised game results.

Some people will believe anything (including hearsay) that agrees with what they want to believe, and I strive not to fall into that category. It is like believing claims of people who say God or other spirit or spirits spoke to them and gave them a revelation, or anointed them as his representatives on Earth. As Thomas Paine said in The Age Reason such is hearsay and none us should feel we must believe such unsupported claims. It is like that the numerous people who even believe that Donald Trump won the 2020 USA Presidential election, despite the overwhelming documented evidence that he lost that election, because they choose to believe unsupported claims to the contrary that say what they want to believe. It is also like those who dismiss the strong scientific evidence that humans are causing climate change on Earth at a dangerously rapid rate, because they don't want to believe it and thus choose to believe what the climate change deniers say. The same goes for those who reject biological evolution as a well substantiated fact of science, and who insist that all of the kinds of life on Earth were created in a mere 6 or 7 Earth solar days by an invisible supernatural God who later had his son become a human sacrifice, with the son later becoming resurrected and ascending to a supernatural heaven.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Meh, this isn't an academic context so Wikipedia is fine for online discussion as long as one realizes that the strength of its arguments are in its references. To be fair, it's a great modern tool that can instantly connect the user with general knowledge about a particular subject which should be researched further to gain the particular knowledge that comes from each of the sources listed under the Resources section. I do this often. I don't do it everytime such as, for example, if I want to know the vague historical outline about a subject such as the Battle of Hastings or a general concept like how compound interest works.

Aside that, I agree that I don't have an issue using any pronouns a person requests. I had to face this situation in a school setting, the student was addressed using their preferred pronouns and all was well. However, I don't believe that the difficulty of asking for pronoun use that might appear to be incompatible with one's appearance should be ameliorated by having everyone designate their pronouns. I will not be wearing stickers that say, "She / Her," nor will I be attaching "She/her" to my signature on email.

I agree that it may be difficult or embarrassing to correct pronouns that one finds inappropriate to one's identity, but it is that person's particular condition that requires it. I am willing to accept their direction upon their request. I don't however find the need to pretend that the world needs to be told which pronouns to use for me. It has never been required and never been confused. It should be incumbent on those who have suffered confusion to alert others and make the request, not to upend the social order.

And to those who say, "We just want to make everyone comfortable," I will say that someone asking which pronouns I prefer makes me very uncomfortable. Don't I look feminine enough?!? Further, coming from an old school Feminist perspective, I don't wish to focus on my gender. I am not my gender. I prefer to have focus on my accomplishments. It's, frankly, none of anyone's business how I feel personally about my gender. In fact, my identity is not wrapped up in my gender.

Adjusted knowledge presents a great point: biological sex is important in medicine. I certainly hope transgender people who are offended when their biological sex is considered along with their gender identity, are educated about the fact that biological sex affects medical care. Heart attack presentation and course being a great example.

Sigh. Don't get too excited; I am a Democrat, but that is a step too far for me.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I read that Chris Evert, former no 1 womens player and 18 time Grand Slam winner, never ONCE won a match against her brother ... who wasn't even a professional player - I didn't know that, but I can believe it.

A few years ago when Venus and Serena were in their primes they challenged the men's world number 200 ... and this guy had a bottle of beer in the morning, then beat Venus in the first set, then beat Serena in the second set.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The International Olympic Committee (IOC) Medical Commission now recognizes that the sex hormone levels are a much more relevant factor in determining sex/gender for sport's competitions, than the sex chromosomes - even this is debatable.

What is the biological function of the two sexes? Why, it's to make the next generation via sexual reproduction.

And only XX individuals can get pregnant and give birth.

And only individuals with at least one Y chromosome can produce viable sperm and impregnate someone.

One of the fundamentals of biology is this: the phenotype comes from the genotype.

And in this case, the genotype is sex chromosomes and the phenotype is tits & pussy or cock and balls.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Scenario:

A trans-person is lying at the side of the road dying and needing meds.

The meds administered need to be in different doses for a female than they do for a male. The wrong dose will ultimately do harm or kill.

Which dose will the trans-person take? The dose for their genetic make up or their preferred gender?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit