Why are they announcing 2019 conventions so early?

by Richard_I 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Richard_I - "Why are they announcing 2019 conventions so early?"

To reassure the rank-and-file that they're still happening? :smirk:

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Sorry , I must be stupid or something but I cannot find it on the site.

can somebody post a link please.?

• sir82
    sir82

cannot find it on the site

Do you mean you are looking for an announcement about 2019 conventions?

There is nothing on the website - it was announced via a letter read to the congregations just a week ago.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

They must make a lot of $ in cities like St. Louis MO (2019) and Detroit (2014). St. Louis, btw, is looking as bad/dangerous as Detroit. Can't trust 'em, but especially for convention destinations. Hopefully the poor JWs look up St. Louis and see what they are in for. My info comes from two people who have traveled to both places recently.

Edit to say: Also, they did not just announce the ICs, they announced every convention, that is new.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

If they keep jamming down the throats of the JWs the great tribulation is "imminent'' bit, they probably don't believe ''it'' themselves. They don't believe "it" themselves when they constantly announce Memorials for the years ahead and Conventions a whole year ahead.

How this does not create cognitive dissonance with the JWs is beyond reasoning. When I was totally "true blue" believer, sometimes your head would hurt with dissonance.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Why are they announcing 2019 conventions so early?

Someone here said it, but so that all JW's get the point-
    Knowing that the GB planned dates for 2019 means they know the end of the world as we know it is at least another year away. Adding in future Memorial dates puts it off even further.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The GT is ''imminent''. It is ''imminent''.

If you would talk to any hard core Dub and talk about something you want to do years in the future, you get those most 'weird' looks like what-the-hell-is-wrong with you look!!!

You just feel like taking the top of a stick and smacking it upside their heads, to wake-the-hell-up!!!!

• skin
    skin

At bluesbrother.

I cannot find it on the site.

Go to JW.org, scroll down to the bottom and click "fine a meeting", then click convention.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit