Why are they announcing 2019 conventions so early?

by Richard_I 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

I was just told there will be international conventions in Canada in 2019.

So I looked at JW.org and I see that there's a whole bunch of conventions now listed on the site for 2019.

Isn't this odd? Normally we were told the location of conventions during the first week of January.

Did they realize there was less in attendance in the 2018 conventions, and want to give ppl more time to make travel arrangements?? Less donations received in the 2018 conventions??

I find this very odd...

• sir82
    sir82

The reason given in the announcement made to the congregations is that since there are 24 international conventions scheduled for next year, they wanted to give everyone more advance notice to book their hotel reservations.

Of course, the WTS has been approximately as trustworthy as Honest Guido the Used Car Salesman, so your guess is as good as mine for the real reason.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It is a bit odd, desperate perhaps to keep the hype up for one reason or another.

• blondie
    blondie

since there are 24 international conventions scheduled for next year, they wanted to give everyone more advance notice to book their hotel reservations. plus some people have restrictions re seniority when they can take their vacation

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Assuming they are still 3 day events?

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

May be Armeggadon is planned for 2020. So save as much people by bringing them to the 2019 conventions.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

They ALWAYS do for International Conventions.

• waton
    waton

WO Mankind is on the move, and wt wants to be part of it, heading them off at the pass.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

They do this so that people have no excuse for booking vacations or personal events that conflict. So no excuse for not attending. Of course it's not compulsory at all...is it?

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Eww I sure hope they don’t do all the BS they did a few years ago with the parties and talent shows. I had to coordinate ours for the deligates. It was nothing short of a disaster. The only thing entertaining about it was how poorly everything came together.

Holy Spirit was working it’s magic that day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit