Two Brothers Living Together - Never Dated Girls...

by pale.emperor 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

It is JW dogma that gay people can change.

The belief is based (at least) on the letter claimed to have been written by the Apostle Paul to Christian congregation in Corinth, part of which states:

"... Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, ... none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. Some of you were once like that. But you were cleansed; you were made holy; " (1 Cor. 6: 9-11 NLT)

There seems little doubt that the leadership firmly believes that if you are same sex attracted, you can change, as we note that the top leadership has included people who can be described as same sex attracted, but were (supposed to be) not leading an active sex life.

It is worth noting that 'homosexuality' the English word denoting same sex attraction, and which is now applied to people who are seen as 'gay' whether or not they engage in same sex behaviour.

In biblical times, there does not seem to have been a word to describe a latent tendency toward same sex attraction, but only action words. words describing what people did.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Did either one of them wear tight pants?

Rub a Dub

• Chook
    Chook

I have a gay brother,they all start in closet.My other brother is Catholic priest. My mum said if she writes a book it will be called" The Priest,The prophet (me), The poof.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

What does that sound like to you? - in the words of Seinfeld "not that there's anything wrong with that" -

Nobody's sayin' these guys are gay (not that there's anything wrong with that) but odds are, if Lot (from the bible) opened his front door and threw his daughters out to them, the girls would be completely safe.

Seriously though, it's got to be more common than you'd think. If it's true, just think how messed up it must be for these guys (and others) to have to live that way and the struggle to reconcile the reality of who they are, within the confines of a rigid and condemning group of people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit