What Was "IT" That Finally Made You Leave The "Truth"?

by minimus 88 Replies latest jw friends

• sandy
    sandy

Brother Gangas smells like fungus.... LOL

• sandy
    sandy

I can totally relate to some of your stories about that Gangas guy in Bethel.

People can be so fake. There was this one "sister" in the congregation I used to attend. She was so sweet and thoughtful to everyone. Always helping out people any way she could. But I always had this weird feeling about her. I always knew she was evil deep down.

Her true colors showed one time when she burned my cousin's face on her wedding day. She literally burned her with a hot iron while doing her hair. I know in my heart she did this on purpose. My cousin

reminded her husband of his deceased wife. He never made this a secret. This lady always pretended to like my cousin but I always saw right through her.

There are other things about her that I think make her a mean and cold hearted person but I'll stop. I am paranoid about lurkers. If anyone knows me on here this story is a dead give away. LOL

• minimus
    minimus

Sandy-----Hmmmm.

• c5
    c5

The big thing that did it for me was the "Generation" change in the mid 90's.

I had struggled and endured so much being a witness only to realize that I may have done it all for nothing. The nearness of the end to come was the main motivation for EVERYONE I knew to keep going, cause it was so difficult to be a witness. Once I realized that I may never see Armageddon, I started questioning WHY I was in the Organization. The articles asked if you were in it for selfish reasons, and I had to admit I was. Thinking to myself: If I was the only witness on earth right now, would I do what I was taught? The answer was no. I realized the only reason why I was a witness was because I was raised one, it was expected of me, and I did not know any different. Huge realization for me. That was the point where I started thinking for myself. I started to really examine all those "little" doubts I had always tucked away in my mind.

All this combined with the personal problems and self-doubts about myself drove me to make my exodus.

So glad I had the courage to leave, ,and I am proud of all you who have done the same. I have been JW free for 4 years now and have no regrets. Life has so much potential now.

• zion sleeping
    zion sleeping

ASSHOLES LIKE YOU

• minimus
    minimus

Zion's Sleeping----You gotta beef with me?

• zion sleeping
    zion sleeping

NO, NOT REALLY JUST NOTICED YOU ASK A LOT OF QUESTIONS TO GET PEOPLE THINKING... WHICH IS GOOD JUST PULLING YOUR CHAIN PEACE

• shamus
    shamus

Yes,

Lots of people did leave because of the "lack of love" which is EXTREMELY PREVALANT! This is also tied in with the doctrine that "you will know my followers if they have love amongst themselves". When this was utterly proved to me beyond a reasonalbe doubt that they had no love amongst themselves, I was outta there.

And good riddance! Free from mind control for over 5 years now!

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Discovering the hypocrisy about the UN involvement - just couldn't believe it at first !! It took one whole year to verify all the information, along with other falsehoods, 607bce etc. Then the final straw was reading Ray Franz's books.

We always felt that the problems within our congregation were the elders, but always made excuses saying it probably wasn't too bad in other congregations - that was until we came on this board and realised just how widespread the problem really was.

Twink

• minimus
    minimus

After a person read Ray's books, I think it's nearly impossible to just ignore the evidence IF you have even a little doubt that this is the "truth". You may not leave immediately after reading them but the seeds have been sown.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit