What Was "IT" That Finally Made You Leave The "Truth"?

by minimus 88 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

You mean the Greek Orthodox Archbishop-----don't you???

• lovinlife
    lovinlife

LOL

Thank you for the correction minimus!!!! Hee Hee!

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Yes, I always found him to be a two faced sneaky power miester. On the one hand he had that goofy walk of his around the bethel tunnels but then I could imagine him saying at a Governing Body meeting, "Of course the pubs. need dood to door service, what else would the useless eaters do with themselves if they are not knocking from door to door". He sort of reminded me of that picture the inmate drew of the prison warden in the Movie (Escape from alcatraz-with Clint Eastwood)

My Father was just telling me the other night that Sam Friend (Bethel Heavy-writing department) once revealed to him that he always was one concerned with power and titles. This is the bottom line at Bethel. I grew up with some big heavies (JR Brown, Sam Buck, Curtis Ford) and when I served in Bethel none of these guys acted as if they knew me. Guess I had to pay my dues even though they knew me from childhood.

My parents were always quick to brag to everyone that I was a 20 year old virgin(despite my protestsand my Father telling me to shut up) , that I served in Bethel, that I was a Pioneer, but when things went bad in the next two years the first thing my Mother told me was "dont you dare tell anyone you used crack and was homeless on the train!!" I felt more proud about being a homeless New Yorker on drugs than anything else before that time period!

I'm a Fu&*() up in the head!

But it feels good to come in here and vent to folks who understand where IM coming from, because non-witnesses would never understand any of our problems.

• minimus
    minimus

These GB members have always been known to be power hungry Pharisees. I would think that once you experience the hypocrisy of Bethel, you either leave the "truth" or you accept the politics and hope to climb up the ladder as quickly as possible.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Thats very true. I currently live in Orange County New York close to the farms and occassionally someone I served with in Brooklyn Bethel knocks on my door. I'm never rude but I let them know Im df'ed and will talk a while about the good ole days. And some guys that had Bad Attitudes are now Bethel Elders! While guys like me who left pretty much never come back after seeing the machinations of the World Headquarters.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

CHILD SEX ABUSE SCANDAL

• lovinlife
    lovinlife

(((forty)))

You and I are only about 3 hrs from each other! And wow, do I know what you mean about the way the heavies would ignore you, even though you grew up with them. So many of the heavies used to stay at our house, but when I went to bethel, it was like they did not even know me. Sometimes, if they were forced by circumstances, they would ask "how are your parents?". I think of bethel as sort of the cast system of life. The heavies are the upper cast and the "newboys" are the lowest of the casts. Right?

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Yeah, its like all older bethelites are bird shyt and your the winshield they land and get hard on.After about 4 months of this BS I started seeing the light and telling youth in my congregation to go to college dont waste your time with Bethel, and of course my mother would get mad me for saying that.

You have to serve in Bethel to realize what kind of place it is. If your an outsider taking a tour its a great place! As a youth I wanted to be a Bethelite so bad, but after a week or two I started asking myself why didn't I go to college! And the most ironic thing was that my goal after Bethel was to go into Gilead. If you thing Bethel is hard imagine staying in a home with a handful of married couples, I've read of some real horror stories concerning that.

And after a failed career at Bethel I had to drive a yellow taxi because I had no other job skills or opportunities,. Thats when my Father sayed the stupid thing of the century "Your mother and I had higher aspirations for you other then driving a yellow cab!" Yeah, like what, earning 175$ a month in a rathole converting small green people.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Reading this thread it seems that an awful lot of people left due to personal actions of "Brothers" rather than doctrinal issues . I guess that proves what the WT is always saying about the value of love. The difficult part is getting them to do it.

It is also interesting to see the number of ex Bethelites and elders here . One would have expected these "pillars" of the cong to stand firm. Perhaps we saw too much . We saw it from the inside and what really went on

Thanks Minimus...a super thread.

• minimus
    minimus

This makes me wonder whether people would have stayed in the congregation had they been treated better.....From what I can see, the answer is YES.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit