What Was "IT" That Finally Made You Leave The "Truth"?

by minimus 88 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

I just started by fading, then came to realize that it was in fact not the truth, and I have not looked back since.

• sens
    sens

(((tink))) at least your free now hun...

• IT Support
    IT Support

1. Claims of 'divine inspiration.'

2. BBC Panorama / silentlambs

3. Increasingly strident requests for money.

Ken

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

For me the doubts began during a whirlwind JW romance. I left a year later. Here is what I said were part of my reasons when i wrote a lengthy letter to my mom a couple years ago:

I knew that if I married JR I would end up the little pioneer wife, married to the Ministerial Servant, financially struggling for the will of God. An example for the congregation, with everything I said and did being reported and commented on by everyone
  • 95stormfront
    95stormfront

I didn't leave "the truth"...I found it outside of the WT organization.

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

Same thing I was thinking Storm!!!! (Shudders ) "Truth"!?!!!!! I think not.

• minimus
    minimus

For a long time, I knew about the false prophecies, the lack of love, the flip-flops, etc. Eventually, when you see poor souls coming up to you for help with their discouragement and you know all their reasons for being upset are valid, it gets to you. When you have to sit on judicial meetings and play judge and jury, it gets to you. When you see the hypocrisy of so many in the Hall or in Bethel, it just gets to you. Eventually, there comes a time when you know the charade and the playing of ignorance simply isn't worth it.......And I have no regrets or guilt.

• Emma
    Emma

I can identify with Tink,

well, i initially left because i came to realize that i couldn't go on living as a witness any longer. i didn't even care if it was the truth or not, to be perfectly honest; i knew that i'd rather be destroyed at armageddon than to continue to be that miserable for one scrap of a second longer.

I really considered myself "inactive" until I began visiting this forum. And, yes, the lack of love in my last congregation. I can't lump every congregation I was in with the last one, but I, too, found normal people to be much more giving and loving. How the "brothers and sisters" can call being cold-hearted and shunning an act of love has always been beyond me.

Emma

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ray franz' book set me free of the wt. Alanf's critique of noah's flood burst the bible bubble for me.

SS

PS, are you happier now, that i made a post on one of your threads, minimouse?

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, SaintSatan, I am. Now all of my goals in life are fulfilled. Thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit